Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   98 Accord EX, "Hot" amp wire help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/98-accord-ex-hot-amp-wire-help-27681/)

hondaman4lifecg5 08-31-2009 05:29 PM

98 Accord EX, "Hot" amp wire help

Has anyone ran a positive wire to an amp in one of these cars?
If so, where'd you run your "hot" wire through the firewall????

I can't find an open grommet.
Actually the one I did find (directly behind the end of the Throttle Body), was blocked by what I'd say was the heater box.

Any-who. If someone can link to pics of thier install to show me where you ran you wire, would be more than appreciated!!!

I'm dying to get my tunes back!

Please Help!!!

<3
AccordPimp98

My03Accord 08-31-2009 05:59 PM

If there is no clutch, go though the clutch plate, and careful of the brake booster on the other side.

t00fatt 08-31-2009 06:01 PM

Searching will benefit you more than anyone...

hondaman4lifecg5 08-31-2009 06:02 PM

Looking for an open wound in the firewall..
Would that look like this "oOo" just slanted slightly?!
I thought I saw something like that under my column and behind the pedals.

hondaman4lifecg5 08-31-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by t00fatt (Post 182576)

Um... that doesn't work for me... maybe im just a nub.. but thats broken.
lol

hondaman4lifecg5 08-31-2009 06:09 PM

I worked when I quoted it...
I'll look for that spot tomorrow.... Thank you t00fatt!!

t00fatt 08-31-2009 06:10 PM

Works me for me, try it Again

Nightbreeze 09-01-2009 12:49 AM

I ran the + wire along the passenger side of my '99 accord, under the baseboards that run along the doors, and back through a gap under the rear deck and the body into the trunk. There was a rubber grommet that I removed that was in the firewall near the back side of the glove box. I can take a picture of it for you in the morning if you want... Also, I'm running 4 gauge through the grommet hole.

boomintempo 09-08-2009 04:40 PM

Hello,

I have a 99 honda accord as well. Am trying to run a 1/0 and 8 gauge wire, can't seem to find an "easy" place to use.

I believe I found the grommet you used, but there really isn't much room for anything. Right behind the grommet, if you take it off, is metal. Only a little bit of the right half is usable...I might be looking at the wrong spot!!!

shabba 09-18-2009 08:52 AM

u dont hav to go thru it run it along the side the batterys on, run it up under the latch where ur hood is connected to the car, run it down behind the latches of ur door then tuck the******** so its not showing thats how i did mine it didnt crimp the wire or anything.
exhaust cutout
bad paint hahaa
soon boost