Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   A (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/a-16119/)

Mark_H 02-12-2008 03:37 PM

A

I am sure I could have just searched for this, but I am just freaking the **** out! Someone broke into mar car last night, they took my stereo and a couple of other things and left with a nice little flat tire. However, my problems do not stop there. For some reason my tail lights are no longer working - I have no idea what to do. I checked the fuses they are not blown - and i know the bulbs for the lights are new. WHAT CAN I DO?

klrspz 02-12-2008 04:30 PM

RE: A

First thing's first... check the bulbs by visual inspection..

also, make sure when the brake pedal is pressed, the brake light switch is being pushed.... that's just for starters.. im' sure others can chime in with more help.

sir_nasty 02-12-2008 05:19 PM

was the steering column tampered with at all? any casings broke or scratch marks?

Mark_H 02-12-2008 07:20 PM

Actually no, the only other thing that was messed up, at least from what I can tell, was the cigerette lighter. I posted a thread a while back stating that it needed to be fixed, but if was broken right off. Into little pieces might I add. I will post pictures so you can see.

I checked the fuses, I think. And they do not seem to be damaged?

Only thing is, I do not know exactly what fuse I am looking for.

Oh yeah and hey klrspz how do I make surethat the switch is being pushed?:eek:

jhowkins 02-12-2008 08:16 PM

Check the wiring in the dash where the radio normally is.... the crook may have cut a wire that either grounds the signal to the brake lights... OR the actual wire itself...

just a thought

j_man_honda 02-12-2008 08:39 PM

I just wanted to say that i love the thread title...:eek:

Mark_H 02-12-2008 10:57 PM

And here is what I get to see everyday until I get another center dash console and a radio. (Alpine.)

And about the thread title. I was really really in a hurry. Just completely nerve-wrecked.

Which reminds me, I was seriously looking everywhere online and I could not find anything, but does anyone know where I can buy another dash pocket or center dash?

[IMG]local://upfiles/14363/0181F72B2FC146C890E194998DA67A0F.jpg[/IMG]

finch13 02-12-2008 11:34 PM

Try this: A few summers back someone broke into my car at 1 AM and.... stole NOTHING. I had my Alpine deck, numerous CDs, 80GB iPod, Amp, Subs, etc. I was left with a shattered drivers window and a $55 for a replacement. Sorry to say they stole nothing, but have a laugh at the stupidity of the crime.

As for the dash pocket thingy, they should just sell those at Best Buy/Circuit City/CompUSA?/Ultimate Electronics/Online. You're talking about the plastic thing to put an aftermarket deck in, right? If not, for a whole center console, your best bet would be a junk yard, but it doesn't look like it needs to be replaced.

Mark_H 02-14-2008 01:56 AM

How about the tail lights? Does anyone know where to find a wiring diagram for the wiring, someone told me that one wire cannot touch the other one (Dont remember which) or else the tail lights would not work. The fuses are deftinitely not the problem. And I have cancelled out the thought that it could actually be the bulbs themselves.