Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Accord 96 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/accord-96-a-11147/)

pranavb83 07-21-2007 10:56 PM

Accord 96

Perhaps this question has been asked more than a few times, but my search skills aren't helping me much right now.

I HAVE A 1996 HONDA ACCORD EX that came with the factory radio (its a 2nd hand) and I intend to replace the thing with a pioneer or sony car mp3/cd/acc player. I was wondering if there is any rocket science involved or is it so simple that someone can actually type the steps for me/direct me someplace where a layman can install the player.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks
P
[:-]

Kyle 07-22-2007 01:50 AM

RE: Accord 96

if you order it from crutchfield you get step by step instruction for installation. We installed it ourselves. Instructions were very easy to follow. Its basically rip out old one plug in new one and tada

HuYnHness 07-22-2007 03:06 AM

i had a dashkit and a wiring harness from best buy and the dashkit showed me how to take the old radio out and how to put it in. normally a dshkit would cost about 50 bucks but i knew somebody whose lil bro worked at best buy so i got it for 10 bucks. i got the HU from somebody else. but its really not hard though as long as you know how to read directions.

you basically pull some panels outta the car unscrew the radio unplug it. assemble the dashkit onto the new headunit screw it in snap everything back on and i think the trim piece went on last. i cant remember exactly how to do it all but it was my first time and it was pretty easy

smaglik 07-23-2007 03:11 PM

its pretty simple, and i agree on the crutchfield comment...

myrtle71590 07-23-2007 09:52 PM

it was quite easy...i did it and i am a complete noob...

Hebrew Hammer 07-24-2007 02:09 PM

The radio is fairly simple to install...you have to start from the rear and move forward..and byt that I mean start with the center counsol and work your way forward..just take your time but it's a piece of cake...

HuYnHness 07-24-2007 02:17 PM

Hi new member and welcome to the forum! =)

and yeah thats true its the same with alot of cars

pranavb83 07-26-2007 04:23 PM

Thanks everyone ... just placed an order at crutchfield ... apparently a PIONEER DEH-P3900MP is selling like hot cakes and is out of stock .. I think its worth the wait for my needs. But since my car came with the factory radio/cassette player, I need to get the receiver kit and harness which the company throws in for free with the installation manual at the same price as the PIONEER website. At Amazon/any other place I'd have had to pay more. Thanks people!

Peace!

00AccordLX5spd 07-26-2007 04:31 PM

Crutchfield is the shiznit[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Hebrew Hammer 07-27-2007 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

Hi new member and welcome to the forum! =)

and yeah thats true its the same with alot of cars

Hey thanks...any of you feel free to ask any audio related questions as well as custom install questions...I'll post some picks of my car/setup once I get back from and IASCA/MECA show in South Corlina ...