Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Adding aftermarket radio to 2013 Accord EX-L sedan (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/adding-aftermarket-radio-2013-accord-ex-l-sedan-55799/)

XMan714 07-17-2013 11:51 AM

Adding aftermarket radio to 2013 Accord EX-L sedan

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Accord forum and planning to purchase a 2013 Accord EX-L V6 sedan with the standard audio system. My plan is to completely upgrade the system by installing a single DIN Alpine head unit in the lower pocket of the console. All factory speakers will be replaced with aftermarket speakers. Aftermarket amps and subs will also be installed. I have a few questions.

1. I couldn't find any posts of anybody installing a single-DIN aftermarket radio on the new Accord. Can someone help me if they know of any?
2. Replacing the factory speakers I assume would mean I can forego the thread regarding disabling the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)?

keep_hope_alive 07-17-2013 08:15 PM

i agree you want a totally independent audio system. ANC is no longer an issue.

I enjoy the new CDE-HD149BT and have a competition-level system.
2013 cars will have fewer examples, but anything is possible. I will look around.

XMan714 07-18-2013 07:57 AM

Thanks for the quick response! I'll likely get the CDE-149BT as my head unit. I have the CDA-117 in my 02 IS300 right now. Aside from the stupid usb drive "banking", it's a great head unit. Though I still believe Alpine is too far behind in customer feature requests for features and enhancements.

The lower pocket appears to be the quickest method for installing an aftermarket head unit. I am still open to in-dash replacement but that looks like some major customization. I haven't really researched much about how integrated the audio is with the entire dash console.

keep_hope_alive 07-19-2013 11:44 PM

the 149BT has an excellent USB platform. no delay, no loading. and it remembers where you left off even if you remove the USB and come back later. Same for iPod. Pandora pairs with my Droid Razr but not without a specific step procedure. BT pairing is usually automatic but sometimes manual. Not a huge deal, but is frustrating at first. But hey, Pandora control through the HU, including search function is great. And the search is good across all platforms.

honestly, i don't think it could be any better unless it read .wav directly. it will do Apple lossless through iPod though.

Also, the new models feature TuneIt which gives you 9-band parametric, 6-channel T/A, and crossovers as standard. Not 3-way active like the 9887 but damn close (considering i replaced my 9887 for this).

Alpine seemed to FINALLY get up to speed with technology.

newaccord 08-17-2013 01:55 PM

XMan714 ,

I am also trying to replace the factory installed stereo in my 2013 Accord. Were you able to do it, and did everything work correctly afterwards (digital displays, steering wheel controls, USB, etc)?

Thanks