Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Adding Amp to 08' accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/adding-amp-08-accord-18750/)

raskacielo 05-28-2008 02:47 PM

Adding Amp to 08' accord

I try adding an amp bu putting in a hi-lo converter but a get a weird noise comming out of the speakers.
kind of like a real loud vibration, even when the car is off.

can someone help?

finch13 05-28-2008 06:50 PM

RE: Adding Amp to 08' accord

You probably have the power and signal wires running too close and you're getting noise in the lines. Try a ground loop isolator from Best Buy or other electronics store with car audio, they'll know exactly what you're talking about.

raskacielo 05-29-2008 10:37 PM

thanks, tried but didnt work.
i called an installation place n the guy told me that hondas have microphones in the front n back that help control the volume output of the speakers n that i should disconnect them.
ill try as soon as possible n will let ya know if it work.

MacLeod 05-30-2008 08:44 PM

Gawdamighty! Microphones?!?!

I will never understand the auto industry's seemingly deliberate campaign against the car audio aftermarket.

Every year they make it harder and harder and harder to upgrade your audio with some quality aftermarket gear.

The punchline is that they stick in all these stupid things that are very difficult if not impossible to bypass - and yet THEY STILL SOUND LIKE HAMMERED CRAP!

I dont get it.

moneytimetycoon 06-01-2008 11:17 PM

Always double and triple check all your connections

kumazam 06-04-2008 02:03 PM

do you have the blue tooth option in your car?

if so, id think thats what the microphones are for

slammed97 06-04-2008 03:37 PM

I'm betting the microphones could be for the auto volume leveling feature. Measures ambient noise and adjusts the volume accordingly (lame pun intended). You could try to disable the auto volume adjustment to see if that makes a difference.

Also, does your line level converter have a ground connection? If so, make sure it is a quality ground point.

If that doesn't work just rip it all out, throw in a full JL system with Evolution ZR component sets, W7 subs, and HD amps and forget about it.[sm=signs003.gif]

kumazam 06-04-2008 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: slammed97

I'm betting the microphones could be for the auto volume leveling feature. Measures ambient noise and adjusts the volume accordingly (lame pun intended)...
i think thats based on the cars' speed not ambient noise?

falkore24 06-04-2008 04:40 PM

RE: Adding Amp to 08’ accord

try another set of RCA’s if you have some .... I’ve seen bad humming from bad RCA’s as well as loose RCA connections ..... also, make sure that the LOC gain isn’t too high if it has a gain control