Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   aftermarket system sounds crappy (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/aftermarket-system-sounds-crappy-1076/)

pythonbunny 10-01-2005 10:52 PM

aftermarket system sounds crappy

I have a 2005 6 speed accord coupe without navigation. I recently purchased 2 Kicker CVR 12' subs, and new MTX component speakers, and a 600 watt mono Kicker amp because I wanted more bass. Well.... I ended up with amazing bass, AMAZING!!!!!, but now all I hear is bass. I decided to add a 4-channel Kicker amp (04KX6504) to my speakers, so that I would actually be able to hear the words in the music instead of just the bass. After it was installed by Circuit City, whom I have had install a million things in the past and never had a problem, all I heard was what they decided to call a "white noise". This so called "white noise" was so over-powering that it sounded as though I was trying to get in a radio station but it wasn't coming in. I was this loud hissing noise. Also, the sound was no longer clear, and it didn't seem to be any louder than it was before I had the 4-channel installed. The people at Circuit City insist that the reason this is happening, and sound like ****, is because I have not replaced the factory head unit. I told them from the beginning that I will never change my head unit, and they never said it would be a potential problem. Does anyone else have this problem, or know of anything else I would be able to do? By the way, I have had the 4-channel removed, and returned it.

Shocker 10-03-2005 12:42 PM

RE: aftermarket system sounds crappy

Your car wont have good sound for aftermarket part sif u done replace the deck dont be so cheap if u want good sound go buy a damn deck man, or one off ebay, make sure it has a good EQ and you wont have ur system sounding like ****

Oddball_Inc. 10-09-2005 05:55 PM

Python,

I'm no audio guru, but before I went shopping for a new head unit, I would check to see if your new amp is properly grounded...There is a good chance that the "white noise" you're hearing is a result of engine noise (due to the improperly grounded amp) Do you ever hear increase/decrease with intensity at different speeds?

You're fortunate to have never had an issue with CC installers. Some of them are in fact good, while other's have the attention span of a gnat, which results in issues like the one you are experienceing. I went through a similar issue with CC, and they never got it right. I had to take to a specialty car audio place and they identified the problem right away...

Good Luck,
OB

remington870_20ga 10-10-2005 02:51 PM

You do not have to replcae your headunit. You should, but you dont have to. The noise you are hearing is road noise and guess what, circuit city didnt install it right. Also, to helo your bass. Just turn down the volume on the amp and the pahse all the way to 0. It will give you smooth response and blend in with the music.