Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   which alarm system is right for me? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/alarm-system-right-me-19510/)

pham9006 07-03-2008 10:50 PM

which alarm system is right for me?

I am in need of an alarm system. I was thinking of vipers. Well, thats the only well known brand to me. I was checking this out online and wondering what you guys think. Should i get it?
http://www techronics com/index.cfm?fuseaction=productdisplay&Product_ID =1702&CFID=7661139&CFTOKEN=82995655

I was gonna get this same one at the local car custom shop and they wanted 295 which was kinda pricy..not including they wanted 195 for installation.

Also, does this site look legit to anyone?

The site is Legit I contacted them...

t00fatt 07-03-2008 11:05 PM

RE: which alarm system is right for me?

I had a Clifford RSX 3.5 on my last car. Wasn't very satisfied with the range but everything else was top notch. But that was a 2005 model, so they may have improved that by now. BTW Viper and Clifford are manufacutured by same company, direct electronics I believe. I ordered my CVX from techtronics, was quick shipping, never dealt with their customer service though. Hope this helps!

slammed97 07-04-2008 07:55 AM

I have a viper on my honda and a crimestopper on my jeep. The viper is really sweet, it has a 2-way LCD screen and remote start. The crimestopper doesn't have the luxuries of the viper, but still works well.

19Accord97 07-04-2008 10:17 AM

Python is also made by the same company.

I have a viper that I got from Best Buy and I am happy w/ it.

tnguyen600 07-04-2008 10:42 AM

i have an autopage system. not bad.

my buddy has a compustar system. its a really nice one

pham9006 07-05-2008 03:25 PM

how difficult is it to install an alarm system like the viper 791vx.
i only got one quote for install and im not feeling 195 at ALL..
ive done everything myself wit this car.
how difficult can it be???

slammed97 07-05-2008 04:27 PM

If you've successfully installed all of your car audio then with good research you can install the alarm yourself IMO.

finch13 07-05-2008 04:33 PM

The install isn't too difficult, I put in a Clifford Matrix about 2 months ago. NOTE: You will void your warranty if you don't have a certified professional install it. Found out the hard way :(

pham9006 07-06-2008 12:31 AM

just curious..how wud the viper company know if i had my installation certified.
I mean i cud install the alarm just like a professional and later down the road something goes wrong.
I dont think that when a professional installs the alarm they call the directed company to confirm it do they?

t00fatt 07-07-2008 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: pham9006

just curious..how wud the viper company know if i had my installation certified.
I mean i cud install the alarm just like a professional and later down the road something goes wrong.
I dont think that when a professional installs the alarm they call the directed company to confirm it do they?

If I remember correctly you needed a receipt from a certified installer for the warranty.

EDIT: My alarm now is the dirt on my car and my stock rims, I don't call any attention to my self. That's the best way to keep your car safe. When you start showing off you will get your car busted into with any alarm in the world. And I don't exactly live in a great area...