Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Amped Speaker Question (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/amped-speaker-question-43700/)

H0nda04 10-31-2011 01:17 AM

Amped Speaker Question

Hi, I havent posted here in a while and since i have installed 6000k hids and blacked out the emblems but thats beside the point. I have Alpine SPR-69-C's on the rear deck and have Alpine SPR-50C 5-1/4" Type-R 2-Way Component speakers on the way for the front. The thing is that im running the stock headunit and i am underwealmed by the performance with the new speakers. I was of amping all the speakers but not adding a sub but was wondering if i could keep the stock headunit. Is there any way around getting a new headunit or would i have to to amp all the speakers. Also any suggestions for an amp? thing

neophyte 10-31-2011 08:30 AM

you dont have to replace the headunit. I am confused as to why you wouldnt amp all the speakers but no you dont have to.
this would be my suggestion on an amp.
MB Quart FX4.100 (fx4100) 800W RMS, 4-Channel Formula Amplifier

H0nda04 10-31-2011 12:16 PM

I would be amping all the speakers but how would I do that without replacing the factory headunit and running new speaker wire to all the speakers.

crispin 10-31-2011 01:33 PM

you need a LOC (line outoput converter)
It takes the speaker level output from your headunit and converts it to low levels RCA's that you can plug into your amp.

one like this

NEW RCA Car Line Converter Output Adapter HI LOW LEVEL | eBay

keep_hope_alive 10-31-2011 01:46 PM

Yes, amping the speakers is required if you want them to sound good. I prefer an amp with high level inputs and auto turn-on running from the stock head unit, compared to just running a new HU. But the amp install is much more involved.

H0nda04 10-31-2011 01:55 PM

So the loc takes the signal from the existing speakers and converts it to rca which then goes into the amp?

keep_hope_alive 10-31-2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by H0nda04 (Post 259829)
So the loc takes the signal from the existing speakers and converts it to rca which then goes into the amp?

Correct. You want the 4 channel LOC to provide a remote turn-on as well. A PAC model specific for your car is a good option. David Navone Engineering is another good option.

You intercept the factory speaker wiring and give the signal to the amp (all 4 channels), then wire from the amp to the speakers. There is a way to do this while using most of the factory wire, I can post a diagram later.

H0nda04 10-31-2011 08:40 PM

ok any specific suggestions for a loc and amp for my speaker setup?

neophyte 10-31-2011 09:43 PM

I suggested the mb quart amp. KHA may have another and he suggested the PAC specific for your car or a David Navone Engineering LOC.

keep_hope_alive 11-03-2011 06:50 AM

Mb quart lacks an auto turn on, and is just a Maxxonics product. Kicker, Phoenix Gold, Sundown can offer an auto turn-on and high level inputs.