Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Audio inputs on stock radio? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/audio-inputs-stock-radio-370/)

Landscape Architect 04-12-2005 02:31 PM

Audio inputs on stock radio?

I just picked up a 2002 Accord LX and it has the honda indash cd player. The sales guy said the storage pocket below could be replaced with a tape play that plugs into the cd player (tape player? who still listens to tapes!?)

The cd player has a tape button, but pressing it doesn't do anything... so I'm wondering if there is a set of rca inputs on the back of the radio that I could plug an XM system into and just hit "tape" to hear it. It all sounds too simple... but I figured that I would ask here before I attempted to pull the radio out and look for myself. It is probably a different style plug, but I'll keep my hopes up until one of you Accord experts shoots them down.

thanks

-scott

Landscape Architect 04-15-2005 10:31 AM

RE: Audio inputs on stock radio?

ok... I guess not...

remington870_20ga 04-15-2005 11:22 AM

There are not RCA inputs on the back. It is a strange input plug that not only talks to the radio, the radio controls it and it powers it.

Landscape Architect 04-15-2005 03:16 PM

Thanks.

I know there are adaptors for the cd changer controller head units, does anyone make one for this? Or could it possibly be the same plug as the cd changer?

remington870_20ga 04-15-2005 06:21 PM

It is very likely its the same plug.

WheelBrokerAng 04-22-2005 02:40 AM

Bad new's for you Landscaper, I asked my local Pimp Your Ride stereo gurus about that plug of yours and they gave up with a lame answer.

I thought i'd be able to front you the answer, but they shot it down...Sorry [sm=type.gif]

WheelBrokerAng

Landscape Architect 04-25-2005 02:34 PM

according to the owners manual, this radio is supposed to be able to control a cd changer. Guess I'll be pulling it apart to see what kind of connector there is in the back... so much for finding out before I tear it apart!

DCAaccord 04-26-2005 03:57 PM

yea, all your going to have is a single plug for the cd changer, my 96 accord had it in back, shouldnt be to hard to miss, dunno bout the new ones tho

Burn69 05-16-2005 10:24 PM

It has no plug for XM on it. the only thing it has is for a cd changer.....to use rca you have to get a line output converter and splice into your rear speaker source.

waverly 05-21-2005 05:26 AM

I own mobilevision, inc. and I have what you want. I have a direct input without a fm mod. Comes with a 3 year warranty, shipped its about $100. Digital quality.

Let me know,
waverlymarcum@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Waverly