Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Aux button in 2003... (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/aux-button-2003-a-14780/)

Pearl 12-18-2007 04:11 PM

Aux button in 2003...

what is it for?

klrspz 12-18-2007 04:31 PM

RE: Aux button in 2003...

if you had an auxiliary hook up like an ipod or whatnot

Pearl 12-19-2007 12:30 PM

so is there any way I can add something like a mp3 player port or something to it?

klrspz 12-19-2007 01:28 PM

Chances are the iPod adapter is the only way to add an MP3 player, i'm not familiar with all the connections available; but I think there are some devices that will convert any audio source to a standard "auxiliary input" so you could add any mp3/cd player.

But most aux stuff allows control of the device.. so the ipod conector would alow you to change songs on the ipod from your stereo; i'd doubt it'd work like that with the generic device i was talking about above... chances are it'd make it look like a cd changer with 1 cd with 1 track and you'd have to control on your player manually..

xpieceofcralpx 12-19-2007 03:50 PM

as long as you buy the specific chord/plug i forgot what its called, but you can get it at best buy or something, i got mines at target, and you can plug cd players mp3s, etc..i use my aux for my psp :)

klrspz 12-19-2007 03:52 PM

But you can't control your PSP though can you? It's direct audio at that point right?

Some AUX devices (if I understand correctly) can actually be controlled by the OEM radio with the proper AUX cable for your device; it's a serial standard if i'm not mistaken that can be adapted to many pieces of hardware for control, or can be completely ignored and have raw audio passed through with a simulated disc changer.

Pearl 12-21-2007 12:03 PM

I don't use an ipod so I'll settle for a direct audio setup. So is there a place on the back of the stock head unit to hook one up?

jhowkins 12-22-2007 12:17 AM

The "AUX" button found on earlier model 7th gen Accords was designed by Honda/Acura for their add-on audio components including the 6-disc in-dash changer, 8-disc trunk-mounted CD changer, cassette player, and MP3 player. You will notice on some models equiped with XM radio, the button will say "XM" instead of AUX - this is yet another component that has the capability to be connected and controller by the Honda stock radio. The ipod link uses the same connection - which is why it acts like a cd changer. If you want to do a little reading, the data structure used on this interconnecting "bus" is called GA2-NET Bus by Honda, or IEBus by NEC (Honda uses NEC's ICs and has just renamed it for marketing)

srh2003honda 02-26-2008 12:40 AM

I currently have a Kenwood DVD Player in my dash below my stock head unit in a 2003 accord. Unfortunately, when the Kenwood DVD Player was installed, I lost the ability to listen to my cd's through my stock CD changer. The stock unit still works and I am able to load cd's and play them but no sound comes out of the speakers. I need help on how to make the cd's play through my system as well as my DVD player. I also have 2 subwoofers and an amp, so I would like the sound from the stock unit to play through my subwoofers as well. I hope someone out there can help me with this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

jettstreme 02-28-2008 04:19 PM

This is for srh2003honda:

I too have been on a research frenzy to play subs through the stock radio. I believe I have found my solution and maybe yours. Blaupunkt (look at crutchfield.com they are awesomely customer friendly) makesan amp (I know you already have one) that connects in the back of the head unit where the speakers jack into it. The signal from the head unit is sent to the amp, amplified and sent back out through your head units speakers (hopefully not stock speakers....15watt rms for the rears....what are they thinking). How does this help your subs.... Wellllll, I'm glad you asked. There is a 5 channel blaupunkt amp (which is what I' m gonna get...$500...ouch!), where the fifth channel is a set of rca sub outputs. Without any splicing or mess, you get to upgrade your stock radios wattage and have sub amplification all in one little expensive package. FYI, at cruthcfield they did not, (of course because it is my car we are talking about)have the adapter for the amp into the the 2006 accord headunit. But, after a nice quick friendly chat with crutchfiled they gave me the number for the blaupunkt distributor for the US to see if they had anything coming out for my accord. Guess what! They had it. You can look at midwest electronics.com for the harness adapter for your year accord. Their costumer service was also nice and made sure I am getting the right harness for my car.

As far as the aux input. I think everyone has covered it. I used a blitsafe connection with rca's ($80 on ebay, new, was the cheapest I found) that fit in the other slot (there are two, but your speakers are already plugged in that one) in the back of the stock headunit to play my portable sirius S50 radio through it. It works like a dream. It unfortunately does not work through the dash controls like some of the i-pod harnesses I've read about (damn macs always come out with cool **** I can't use). It's ok though, I think I'm ok reaching all the way into my side door handle for my remote control.....lol.