Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Default Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub

So. i think im on to something, just installed a sub and amp to a stock headunit was getting exactly i what i found here in a thread

If your installing a system into any new Honda Accord your going to become familiar with what an ANC mic is. ANC mic stands for Active Noise Cancellation. These are being placed in a lot of the newer vehicles. Basically it cancels out noise with noise. This becomes a slight problem when adding an aftermarket system. When a sub and amp is added to the vehichle you will get a lot of feedback through the sub no matter if your radio is on or off. Mainly when you first place the vehicle in drive or when your decelorating is when you get the most feedback. Its a simple fix that you really wont miss these mics to much. Since we have unplugge these mics the customer has not had one problem with the feedback issue. So here are the steps as follows

Step 1 Near the dome light and sunglass holder on the headliner pop out the middle plastic strip before the light. There is a small wiring harness and attached to the piece and you will also so the small microphone. Just unplug the wire, tuck it away and reattach piece.

Step 2 Pull down the back seat to expose the rear plastic for the upper deck. There are two (I think two) plastic clips that hold the front plastic curve down. Remove those and pull back on the plastics. Right next to where the car seat attachment location is you will see a small hole the size of a pen. The mic is located right in that hole. Just reach underneath the plastic and disattach the wire and clip.

Step 3 Enjoy! All feedback will be gone.

Not sure if there is a wiring harness to back of radio as it was dark and unable to see, I am hoping to post some pics tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes, maybe instead of all the prying we can just unclip it from back of radio.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:57 PM

i have the same in a 2009 honda accord 4 door sedan ex, the mics are in same place check out this video: http://youtu.be/IBYmQ-l6qag

Last edited by frezel; 05-13-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:16 PM

links on how to dismantle your accord lol

2009 Honda Accord Instructions - Drive Accord Honda Forums

and for older and newer models too

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Last edited by frezel; 05-13-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

also i saw this. i dont know if it is only for the acura's or if it works in hondas too but:

YouTube - 2g Acura RL ANC (Auto Noise Cancel) Bypass for aftermarket Sub

Old 12-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Really thaaaaanks i've tried it and it worked thank u for ur help

Old 12-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

thats what we are here for man. glad you got it sorted out. did you cut the mics or were you able to turn it off through the navigation? just wondering if what that video shows for the acura works on the accord.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:10 PM

Help, I'm looking for the front mic in the 12 SE. All models except the LX have ANC, and I don't see the slotted panel near the map light- I don't have nav or bluetooth.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I have ridiculous feedback when I turn on my car, like the subs hit at full blast for a couple of seconds. Will this help that problem? I was going to put a switch on my remote wire to turn off the amp when I am not in the car, this is bad for the amplifier though. If this is a solution for me, anyone have a video for the 7th gen sedan?! It would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 PM

Hi, maybe someone can answer this question, I went to an after market place to upgrade my 2013 lx 4 door with aplpine 610c's in the front and 610's in the back plus an amp. They cannot figure out how to disconnect the anc without disabling Bluetooth, I guess both systems share mics and after the intial installation there was big time humming and feedback so they are opting to disable the ANC Would happen to know where i could find a wiring scmatic or possible answer Thanks

Old 11-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

wiring schematics for a 2013 will be hard to come by. your local dealer should have access to shop manuals which would have them. ask the dealer for the schematic (get a copy) then post it here and i'll be happy to review it and make a recommendation on a bypass.

Quick Reply: Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub