Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Back-up camera (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/back-up-camera-284/)

Tonyride 03-23-2005 03:54 PM

Back-up camera

Hey, I know Honda offers a back-up (reverse) camera for the Pilot and Ridgeline to be connected to the existing NAV system. I have the NAV on my '05 and was wondering if a camera is available for the Accord, too. Anyone know?

remington870_20ga 03-24-2005 04:37 PM

RE: Back-up camera

If not you could always get an aftermarket that would be better

Tonyride 03-24-2005 06:13 PM

Yeah but how would aftermarket back-up camera systems be compatible with Honda's Navi touch screen and controler?

remington870_20ga 03-24-2005 08:52 PM

Im not sure if there is one running around right now, BUT they do have rear view mirrors with built in monitors. All you need it a camera, wires, a switch (if you wanted to get fancy you could wire a temporary switch above the gear shaft for when you throw it in reverse) and a camera... if you wanted to you could get one that double as a night vision. This modifiction/upgrade shouldnt run you more than $300.

Tonyride 03-25-2005 09:56 AM

Yeah, I've seen those on eBay but I've never heard of those brands so I don't know about the reliability. I was just tryingn to keep everything genuine Honda or made by another company for Honda vehicles so if I have to go in for any warrantee repairs, they can't void it by having aftermarket stuff.

remington870_20ga 03-25-2005 12:05 PM

I see what you mean. Rarely will inertior electronics effect the warrenty of a car (i.e. Cd players, Speakers, subwoofers). And if you were to have professionals to do it (your dealer might even do it for you in some cases) they will fix anything that breaks in result to their work/labor. But if you wanted to only use genuine Honda (and I might add its going to cost you more and not as good) you should call the dealer up to check it out.

Tonyride 03-25-2005 01:02 PM

I hear ya but I don't know of any trust worthy installation shops. Maybe I'll try Circuit City or Best Buys where they have a car installation facility and see what they have to offer. Thanks.

remington870_20ga 03-25-2005 01:15 PM

Maybe I'll try Circuit City or Best Buys where they have a car installation facility and see what they have to offer
[sm=badidea.gif]

I wouldnt go to a corporate company for that. I am a professional car audio installer and I know what goes on in those shops... 1 out of 10 cars would come in from a big electronics install chain for us to fix. The local guys normally know what they are doing AND they will have a better warrenty for you AND will honor it too.

Tonyride 03-25-2005 01:22 PM

OK, I guess I'll have to do some research and ask around for some reputable shops. I guess ones that have been in business for a while is usually good bet, huh?

remington870_20ga 03-25-2005 01:26 PM

Yes, the norm is look for the oldest, they got it down. Do your homework and if you do it right the shop you pick will take good care of you.