Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Bad morning.... (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/bad-morning-19475/)

19Accord97 07-02-2008 02:26 PM

Bad morning....

As most of you know I just put HID's in last night. Everything went ok...got a good headache. Anyways, I couldnt install the relay harness b/c the + battery connection to the terminal was corroded on. Anyways, this morning before I head to work I figure ill go to Tuffy and have them put a new one on real quick. That ends up taking 1 1/2 hours b/c they couldnt get it off. After they are done the guys tells me the battery is bad. Classic quick money scheme right? Nope. Had it jumstarted, ran it quite awhile to recharge the battery, shut it off, wouldnt restart. So I get jumped, then head over to Batteries Plus for a battery. Get one for $74 and free installation so cool. Guy is an idiot. Got the wrong battery, had to get a reversed polarity one but it was the same price. Anyways, he hooked up the positive and negative connections wrong! I saw a spark when he touched the - wire to the + post and normally it does that b/c I have a cap in my system. Well I look and see a + sign on the terminal! WTF! So anyways, get the battery in car wont start no power. The 80Amp fuse blew. After waiting 1/2 hr the guy comes back puts it in. Works. Great! Then I notice my subs dont work. So I say ill just take it somewhere and get the receipt. Quite a few fuses were blown including the ones on the amp. Anyways, my subs sounded like crap b/c the coils are blown so I have the guy write me an estimate for a JL Audio amp and 2 12' JL Audio subs! Then I turned them into batteries plus along w/ a quote for a new stereo (guy thinks the spike may have went thoruhg the rca lines as well) and its roughly $1200. So their insurance should call me in a couple days. Hope it turns from a crappy day to an awesome day!

klrspz 07-02-2008 02:42 PM

RE: Bad morning....

No kidding man...

That really really blows...

I'll load up a bowl for you tonight.

falkore24 07-02-2008 02:45 PM

Good luck on getting everything fixed.

19Accord97 07-03-2008 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

As most of you know I just put HID's in last night. Everything went ok...got a good headache. Anyways, I couldnt install the relay harness b/c the + battery connection to the terminal was corroded on. Anyways, this morning before I head to work I figure ill go to Tuffy and have them put a new one on real
Thanks guys! It wouldnt let me post a reg. reply. Anyways, the insurance lady called me and once they receive the estimates they are going to call me back. Should know by Thrusday of next week what the deal is.

klrspz 07-03-2008 11:29 PM

The plot thickens, and the intense anxiety sets in...

Here's another "session" for ya!

19Accord97 07-04-2008 12:08 AM

haha yes! I wish I would know sooner! She said if the estimates is over a certain amount of dollars which she didnt specify they'll have to send out a person torecord the damage. Hopefully the cutoff limit is greater than $1200! hehe

19Accord97 07-13-2008 11:32 PM

Well the insurance agent is going to make me a settlement offer tomorrow....I hope that doesnt mean its going to be stupid low amount. Can I refuse it, and if so what happens?

slammed97 07-14-2008 05:52 AM

It may be what you need, if not then you can negotiate.