Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   The best ghetto install thread ever!! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/best-ghetto-install-thread-ever-18793/)

Fenix 05-30-2008 03:24 PM

RE: The best ghetto install thread ever!!

Oh god that was a great read, i just wasted 25 minutes reading that. Regardless if it sounds good, it looks like a pile of garbage. And he says that his sub sounds better than one that costs less than 300. I paid 100 for my Alpine Type R 12" sub @ 1500W peak 500W RMS and the sound is unbelieveable. I also spent 1200 on the rest of the system so i can understand that he doesnt have money. But there are easy ways of putting in a system. There is a guy that lives across the street from me who has a kia and put a decent system in it. and hes poor. That was a great read...im def gonna pass that one along.

nafango2 05-30-2008 09:09 PM

oh man he lives right by me.

not going to lie though, that does seem like a wisconsin thing to do. we like ghetto-rigged stuff. i have a friend who used to use computer speakers in his car. they were connected to an ipod shuffle. it WAS a geo metro though.

when my lock actuator broke I fixed with a piece of cut up tupperware

i have a friend with a 99 eclipse convertible who wired up his amp with 1/0 gauge wire. His amp is in the trunk. He drilled a hole in the bottom of the trunk and ran the power wire from the trunk, underneath the car to the battery, and held up the wire with zipties.

one time (just for kicks) me and the aformentioned friend put his home stereo system in the back of my moms minivan, powered it with a converter, and held it down with bungee straps. it was a joke, though, not serious.

myrtle71590 05-31-2008 12:15 AM

I feel a lot dumber after watching that install. He made my day for sure

19Accord97 06-01-2008 12:07 AM

lol Ive seen that before!

At least its original.......:eek:

tru3_k177 06-02-2008 04:21 AM

ORIGINAL: nafango2

oh man he lives right by me.

not going to lie though, that does seem like a wisconsin thing to do. we like ghetto-rigged stuff. i have a friend who used to use computer speakers in his car. they were connected to an ipod shuffle. it WAS a geo metro though.

when my lock actuator broke I fixed with a piece of cut up tupperware

i have a friend with a 99 eclipse convertible who wired up his amp with 1/0 gauge wire. His amp is in the trunk. He drilled a hole in the bottom of the trunk and ran the power wire from the trunk, underneath the car to the battery, and held up the wire with zipties.

one time (just for kicks) me and the aformentioned friend put his home stereo system in the back of my moms minivan, powered it with a converter, and held it down with bungee straps. it was a joke, though, not serious.
hey at least you are not serious and proud like he is...

it was a joke, though, not serious.
and at least the makere is laughing as well as the viewer... unlike this guy