Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Best way to get audio cables from dash to trunk 06 accord ex (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/best-way-get-audio-cables-dash-trunk-06-accord-ex-30276/)

tpernal 01-20-2010 05:34 AM

Best way to get audio cables from dash to trunk 06 accord ex

I an installing a new audio system. I am formerly an electrician and very good with a fish-tape. I would like to avoid removing the entire interior of the vehicle to run a few wires to he trunk. Anyone have any luck with this method???
thanks, tp

keep_hope_alive 01-20-2010 03:42 PM

i think you'd have more problems and it would take more time to try to "fish" wires as opposed to just pulling up the trim and routing them under the carpet.

fish tape would have issues getting around bolts and making sharp elevation changes by the rear seat. i have fish tape as well, and have used it at times to get under some portions of carpet (like from center console to rear seat). but my rear seat and center console were removed for access to each side.

the side trim panels are just clipped in, pull up to remove them all. then route wiring just under the carpet, along the trim and replace trim. should take about 10 minutes from front to back.

i like running wires down the middle of the car because the side trim can have issues if too many wires are there. you can easily access this by pulling off the center console (10 min.), then routing them under the carpet to the rear seat (bottom rear seat removes with clips and a bolt or two).

Accords come apart very easily. They are some of the most plesant cars i've installed on.

g22cd5 01-21-2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive (Post 193534)
i think you'd have more problems and it would take more time to try to "fish" wires as opposed to just pulling up the trim and routing them under the carpet.

fish tape would have issues getting around bolts and making sharp elevation changes by the rear seat. i have fish tape as well, and have used it at times to get under some portions of carpet (like from center console to rear seat). but my rear seat and center console were removed for access to each side.

the side trim panels are just clipped in, pull up to remove them all. then route wiring just under the carpet, along the trim and replace trim. should take about 10 minutes from front to back.

i like running wires down the middle of the car because the side trim can have issues if too many wires are there. you can easily access this by pulling off the center console (10 min.), then routing them under the carpet to the rear seat (bottom rear seat removes with clips and a bolt or two).

Accords come apart very easily. They are some of the most plesant cars i've installed on.

x2
Down the middle is allot nicer. I had mine run along the trim on the driver side but I didn’t like it that way. Sometimes the trim would pop up in places.