Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Blue wire (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/blue-wire-12752/)

Dazed 09-24-2007 06:48 PM

Blue wire

Whats the purpose of a "blue" wire.
My battery problem seems to be coming from my amp staying on after i turn the car off. My friend says the "blue" wire should be connected to the ignition. And tht it is connected to the radio so it stays on.
Does this make any sense? I dnt rele know what he was saying expect tht the blue wire was not conectec to the proper place.
I know the explanation is not very clear, but neither am i. Any help is appreciated.

steviebix 09-24-2007 11:46 PM

RE: Blue wire

i think ive got the same problem. your amp stays on after the car is off and the keys are out, and it kills your battery?
[align=left] [/align]

Dazed 09-25-2007 12:18 AM

Yes. My battery has been dying for months now. And i think tht may be the problem. U get ur stuff installed at Circuit City?

You ever hear like a soft thump coming from the subs wen everything is off. Thats how i found out, sitting in the car with everything off and the subs making like a clicking sound. Then i lowered b back seat and saw the amp light staying on. I pulled the blue wire and it shut off.

steviebix 09-25-2007 12:54 AM

yep, this all is happenin to me too. if my car sits for more than a day, it dies. and i get that sub droning sound every once in a while. anybody have any helpful suggestions?
[align=left] [/align]

HuYnHness 09-25-2007 02:55 AM

the "blue" wire is the remote wire. your remote wire is connected to the wrong source. the remote wire should be connected to a positive power source that only comes on when the car/radio is on. you can wire it to the power antenna or the on-ignition on the radio harness or the cagarette lighter or something. if circuit city did it for you i'd say tell them and make them fix it. they probably connected it to a constant power source.

amatt85 09-25-2007 10:18 AM

yea, sometimes there are a couple of blue wires...its usually the one with the white stripe on it if its an aftermarket cd player. you can always run the remote wire straight to the battery and just wire in a switch somewhere along the line...i just did that on an install i did a few days ago. the thumping noise when u turn it on/off is probably due to the fact that the remote wire is still holding a small charge after u turn everything off, and the thump u here is just the charge dissapating...it wont hurt anything...its just annoying...again, a switch will also probably help this.

falkore24 09-25-2007 11:38 AM

The switch can be left on. You are better off using the accessory power or the lighter if it goes off when the car is off so the amp is turned off automatically.

Dazed 09-27-2007 07:45 AM

How hard would it be for me to switch the blue wire to the right place? (I have no clue or experience in this field of work)

I unplugged the wire tht was connected to my battery and my car has been starting fine. So far..

Im planning on switching cars. So shud i just pull out all the wires or take it back to Circuit City and let them do it?

falkore24 09-27-2007 08:20 AM

You have an aftermarket head unit. All you have to do is connect the blue wire from the amp to the one comming out of the stereo's wire harness. It's not hard if you know how to get the radio out of the dash.

Dazed 09-27-2007 09:22 AM

Yeah i tried taking the radio out..ended up cracking the dash a little. But its fine i got my battery problem fixed. Maybe i will sell my car now.
Thankz all! I finally can start my car like a normal person.