Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Bluetooth Streaming....Yessss! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/bluetooth-streaming-yessss-41108/)

chitownEX6 06-28-2011 10:43 PM

Bluetooth Streaming....Yessss!

After extensive reasearch I concluded that the Pac-Audio products were the best option for our cars year and model. I bought the following and had them professionally installed overall paid $360 with installation by ABC Electronics in Norridge Illinois. Thats a helluva price for this setup and functionality.

Pac-Audio.com Product Search | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

So i have the radio with XM. Surprisingly this unit actually allows the satelitte to continue to work. I dont have a subscription so it doesnt matter to me. So this system allows an ipod hardwire and aux1 headphone jack along with the bluetooth. Why would you hook up to either if u have bluetooth... I wouldn't...the wires are a pain in the ass. So my phone is an htc evo 4g and didnt have problems pairing with this system. The quality of the sound of the aux1 and bluetooth is the same which is very good. I stream pandora and can make and recieve calls while listening to music. It mutes the music during calls. Overall extremely happy with this product. BTW the connections on the unit do not lock in so you'll have to tape the connectors so that they dont come apart during installation. These items install with plenty of room underneath the center vents above the radio. Hope this helps anyone looking into convenience of a bluetooth systems in our cars. Also for those who are thinking it. All the speakers work with this system and in full blooded stereo. Its probably the best mod you can do to your car.

keep_hope_alive 06-29-2011 12:04 AM

the link doesn't go to anything. please share the model number you used.

thanks for the review!

chitownEX6 06-29-2011 08:36 PM

The link worked on my phone. You can go to pac-audio.com and fill in the vehicle info. I used the ISBT21 and ISHD571 and PGHHD1

SSharon 06-30-2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by chitownEX6 (Post 245486)
The link worked on my phone. You can go to pac-audio.com and fill in the vehicle info. I used the ISBT21 and ISHD571 and PGHHD1

I recently installed the ISHD571 myself and I'm happy with it so far. I didn't get the bluetooth addon because I had read a few negative reviews about its reliability. I'd be interested in hearing from you as time goes on to see if you still like it.

Also, I don't mind hard wiring my iphone because I use it as a GPS on trips and would have plugged it into a charger anyway.

chitownEX6 07-01-2011 12:44 AM

So far the bluetooth has been awesome. It pairs right away. The only thing I noticed is the engine noise im getting while streaming in bluetooth. The noise is non existant under the AUX1 setting. Pac-Audio has suggested swapping the unit to see if it clears the problem.Ill keep you posted.