Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   which is brighter? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/brighter-17126/)

EzraFitch1990 03-24-2008 06:17 PM

which is brighter?

Hi I already have the Sylvania ultrabright thingies (forget wat theyre called lol but I think theyre the brightest sylvania has to offer) but I see a lot of "xenon" blubs that are supposedly the brightest and need no modification to plug in. which is brighter? thanks!

falkore24 03-25-2008 09:18 AM

RE: which is brighter?

The xenon's that you are talking about are HID conversion kits. They are brighter than halogen bulbs. I'm not sure if the HID conversion that I have in my pics were brighter than the over-wattage bulbs that I had in the OEM housings previously though. For that setup, I had a high power relay kit and 80W low beams with 100W high beams.

Both the high watttage setup and the 35W HID's are brighter than any standard wattage bulb.

t00fatt 03-25-2008 11:24 AM

Those "Xenon" Bulbs are B/S. They are normal or even sometimes high wattage halogen bulbs supposedly filled with Neon gas, the same gas used in HIDs. Well this neon gas does nothing in a halogen bulb, in a HID there is an electrical arc burning the gas creating light. The filament in a halogen does not do the same thing as a HID. So the neon is there only as an advertisement, seems to work pretty well in that category though. Unless you going to HIDs you've got about the brightest bulbs, unless those aren't high wattage. I don't recommended high wattage bulbs unless you use a relay like FALKORE mentioned, or your going to be stressing the tiny wires honda puts in for the headlights.

EDIT: LOL Whoops sorry, shouldn't toke and post.

falkore24 03-25-2008 11:43 AM

toofat: I'm not sure if he's talking about HID conversions or so-called HID-like bulbs. HID conversions don't require modifications. Obviously bulbs don't either since that's already what the headlight uses. .... and I'm not finch either ;)

finch13 03-25-2008 12:15 PM

^ i saw that too. haha. Fitch, if you want the brightest, cleanest light go HID. Right now you're at something pretty bright without dropping a ton of cash.

t00fatt 03-25-2008 01:21 PM

I'm pretty sure he is talking about those "HID Like" blubs that are all over eBay. Thats atleast what he seems to be going at.
Ebay Link 1
Ebay Link 2
These bulbs are not any brighter or any bluer then the ones you have. The 100w(If they are truly even 100w) ones on ebay may be brighter but won't have more blue color.

EzraFitch1990 03-25-2008 04:23 PM

thanks for the help guys. yea i meant the cheap 20 dollar bulbs on ebay like fatty said

Mfermano 03-29-2008 09:55 AM

i have these nokya bulbs that look pretty good do the Sylvania ultrabrights glow blue or yellow and should i switch bulbs?