Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Car audio 101 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/car-audio-101-a-9664/)

humblehyper 05-18-2007 12:21 AM

Car audio 101

I have a pioneer AVIC D3 stereo and 4 way front pioneer speaker and 3 way pioneer at the back. It sound OK but how do you make it sound better? I always hear other cars sound so good, I can hear very good highs and very good bass. How do you achieve those highs? Are those separate tweeters or component speakers? Can I just buy a tweeter? to add to my current speakers? Or do I need a component speakers? I dont need a sub right now because I listen to rock music anyway, I just want to hear more highs for the mean time.

Thanks guys!

stevephy 05-18-2007 05:28 AM

RE: Car audio 101

Generally, separate components have a better passive crossover than 2-way, 3-way or 4-ways. You also have better placement of those components for imaging. You could add an extra set of tweeters and a sub for better highs and lows, but you also might need a crossover to separate the signals going to your various speakers for peak performance.

StevePhy

marbro 05-18-2007 08:43 AM

and good component speakers arent cheap,but for the best sound quality you have to have speakers that dont have other speakers built into them, you reduce the midrange quality of 6.5's greatly just by adding that little pole in the middle, and on top of that the tweeter thats there is being directed into your leg and your body so you diminish the highs' because of that. In the end stevenphy said most of it ^_^

03Sleeper 05-18-2007 09:44 AM

Amp.

humblehyper 05-18-2007 11:03 AM

Thank you all for the quick reply. I'll start off with a set of tweeters first then go from there ;), are those pioneer tweeters good? Do I need special hardware to install it? I saw a Pioneer TS-T110 in crutchfield, is this good? Thanks again.

MacLeod 05-18-2007 05:37 PM

The best thing you can do is to ditch all 4 of those speakers. Then go to your local car stereo shop and buy as expensive a set of quality component speakers as you can afford. Preferably $300 minimum.

Then install those up front as solidly as possible. Now get a good 2 channel amp making about 150 watts per channel.

That will make a 100% improvement in your sound quality. For even better results, get a good 12" sub in a sealed box and an appropriately powerful amp to push it and youre set.

humblehyper 05-18-2007 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: MacLeod

The best thing you can do is to ditch all 4 of those speakers. Then go to your local car stereo shop and buy as expensive a set of quality component speakers as you can afford. Preferably $300 minimum.

Then install those up front as solidly as possible. Now get a good 2 channel amp making about 150 watts per channel.

That will make a 100% improvement in your sound quality. For even better results, get a good 12" sub in a sealed box and an appropriately powerful amp to push it and youre set.
OK Thanks :)