Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Car Security?? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/car-security-10599/)

pyaarawala 06-28-2007 12:12 AM

Car Security??

I have a Viper 791XV Alarm, and was wondering what else I can do to secure my car's safety. Whenever I park my car I always put on a steering wheel lock, put my headunit away, and arm my alarm. Are there any other locks I can get?

steviebix 06-28-2007 01:46 AM

RE: Car Security??

you could get a killswitch. its a hidden switch that only you know where it is, it kills all power to the car when its off, and uve gotta flip it on whnever you get back to ur car. ive got one in mine. ask a guy at an electronics/alarm place about em.
[align=left] [/align]

blackex19 06-28-2007 03:53 AM

dude i think uve got more than enough security....just get a couple of snakes and throw them in your car durin the night hahaha:D

t00fatt 06-28-2007 09:39 AM

In my last car I had a Clifford RSX, either the alarm was a POS or it was installed wrong. A few of the sensors wouldn't,t always trip like my hood, or battery disconnect sensor. The thing I had always wanted to do was install four alarm sirens, or even a couple air horns just constantly going off INSIDE the car. I hope that would be so ridiculously loud who ever was trying to break in wouldn't be able to be in it long enough to steal anything or the car. Now I know they would try and disconnect the battery, but I had two batteries and I doubt they would find the second one in the rear.

tru_44 06-28-2007 09:08 PM

u have a good bit of security, but i also agree with a kill switch. but i don't know if that would kill da power of your alarms also can be found at www.summitracing also there are lights sold on ebay that come in red/blue and flashs when there is a vibration to your door.I think it has a censor that goes in door panel.

noboundaries6289 06-30-2007 02:16 PM

you could install a proximity sensor. If a person even gets near your car, it'll start to go off. There's all kinds of sensors you can buy, glass breakage sensor, and even an air pressure sensor that measures the air pressure so when someone opens the door while the car is locked, it'll go off.As for the alarm inside, directed electronics makes a small siren to put inside the cab. all these products are from directed electonics. hope this helps.

bbyaccord02 07-01-2007 10:14 PM

granted those triggers are great technology, butive found (from experience) that most people find them more annoying than anything, exp. the proximity sensor.plus with the 791 the remote beeps constantly from anything to likesaidpreviouslyif someone stands next to your car oranother car isparked a little too close, or i once even saw the extreme cases of big bugs and birds setting them off, or making warning chirps. and the glass sensor works great if you dont have tinted windows. im not saying that these are bad things i just have been told that your alarm going off everytime you park at the mall gets so common that they just quit checking on their car and miss it when someone really does break in.im not trying to be rude or anything, but as an installer i found out that if someone is going to break into your car their gonna do it whether or not you have an alarm, and most radios can be stolen in the time it takes you to run out of a store to your car. the alarm may stop the car from being stolen but usually not the stuff inside. do you have an aftermarket radio?

19Accord97 07-02-2007 01:21 AM

Yeah, get a kill switch for the battery or the fuel pump. But I do think you are pretty well protected already. Do you live in a place that has alot of cars stolen?

I think it'd be sweet if you wired an electric fence just under the outer layer of cloth in your seat, and then if the alarm is activated it activates the electric fence, so when they sit in your car...it wont be for very long!

Or maybe somehow you could create a locking system on your handbrake. That way if they stole your car all you would have to do is follow the tire marks and the line of people saying "did you see that cars?!?!":D

Nate_6thGen 07-03-2007 01:20 AM

The Viper 791 has a built in Starter Kill Relay, so you don't need to buy another. Plus our Accords have immobilizers in the ignition system. They won't start w/o the key being in the key cylinder (unless you remote start them).
If you really want more security get LoJack orViper's GPS Tracker (http://www.viper. /Products/GPSTracking.aspx).
You can add a tilt sensor (DEI 507) to your 791, incase somebody tries to jack it up and tow it off.
Or a siren w/ a battery back up, incase the thief gets manages to find your siren and cuts the wire.
120db piezo sirens under the dash to make the thief's ears bleed.

I'm assuming you've got wheel locks so your wheels don't get stolen, correct?

smaglik 07-03-2007 02:20 PM

the best security is comprehensive coverage with a low deductible.