Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Car speakerss! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/car-speakerss-49303/)

AdrianAccord 08-02-2012 08:30 AM

Car speakerss!

hey im looking to buy some car speakers for my 02 accord Coupe. i saw a few on crutchfield.com and was hoping to get some feedback on whats good and whats horrible.

Here are the links of what some people suggested me:

For my front doors:
Kenwood KFC-1664S 6-1/2" 3-way Speakers

For my rear Deck:
Sony XS-GT6937A 6 x 9" 3-Way Speakers

and a Pioneer DEH-2400UB Head unit.

Just looking for some feedback and maybe a little help on where i can get good speakers for a reasonable price.

Thx a lot!

keep_hope_alive 08-02-2012 12:48 PM

you want front component speakers, not coaxial.

the Pioneer TSD series is good for the money. Crutchfield will include the required mounting adapters and speaker wire adapters.

I prefer Kenwood eXcelon head units over Pioneer.

MysticBlueEX 08-02-2012 02:27 PM

I upgraded my stereo recently and here's what I can tell you.
1. Order up some Fatmat or Dynamat and seal and dampen the doors. I also stuffed polyester fill into the cavities of the door panel. Really helps with the bass.
2 I got the JBL power series 6.5 Coax from e-bay and they sound good, but a little bright, I should have probably went with the Infinitys for more natural upper mids.
Yes Keep Hope is right, get the components and replace the dash tweeters with the component set.
3. The OEM rear decks don't sound all that bad, if you are budgeting put the $ somewhere else till you give it a listening.
4. I got the JVC JVC KW-R900BT because I wanted iPhone and Bluetooth. I like it, but you need to use the USB cable for music because BT for music is narrow sounding.
This set up can get my ears ringing on the commute and that's loud enough for me.

keep_hope_alive 08-02-2012 06:50 PM

good point. instead of buying front and rear coax, just get front components.

AdrianAccord 08-02-2012 07:11 PM

Thats actualy what i was thinking of doing in the begining. Because like you said the rear deck speakers arent so bad. But i have one thats sounding kinda funny. So maybe ill end up replacing them to.

AdrianAccord 08-02-2012 07:15 PM

And i dont understand the difference between coax and component. Do you mind giving me a link to good component? Thx

MysticBlueEX 08-03-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by AdrianAccord (Post 291562)
And i dont understand the difference between coax and component. Do you mind giving me a link to good component? Thx

A co-ax has the tweeter mounted in the center of the mid-bass speaker, it's installed as a single unit.
In a Component system the tweeter is separate from the mid bass so that you can install the tweeter in a better location than the door panels.
The 6th Gen Accord Premium sound has tweeters in the dash near the lower left and lower right windshield, that would be replaced in an upgrade.

keep_hope_alive 08-03-2012 12:37 PM

correct. also, component speakers use an external crossover network to divide frequencies between woofer and tweeter. they filter highs from the woofer and filter lows from the tweeter, and do this much better than a coax.

tweeter location is key. you don't want tweeters below your knees aimed at the floor. the dash corners are excellent locations for tweeters.

when installing components, you will need to run a new wire from the crossover to the tweeter (left and right separately). you can reuse factory wiring for door woofers - intercept it behind the head unit.

MacLeod 08-10-2012 06:55 PM

Yep I totally agree on using component speakers. Theyre not necessarily better than coaxials speakers (well until you get into the higher end sets) but the ability to use a better crossover thatll likely have some options for turning down the tweeter, will be really nice and really help the soundstage and overall sound quality.

As for which set to get, depends on how much you want to spend. The more the better cause audio is one of the few areas that you get what you pay for and a $500 set of speakers will sound much better than a $100 set.

keep_hope_alive 08-11-2012 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by MacLeod (Post 292477)
Yep I totally agree on using component speakers. Theyre not necessarily better than coaxials speakers (well until you get into the higher end sets) but the ability to use a better crossover thatll likely have some options for turning down the tweeter, will be really nice and really help the soundstage and overall sound quality.

As for which set to get, depends on how much you want to spend. The more the better cause audio is one of the few areas that you get what you pay for and a $500 set of speakers will sound much better than a $100 set.

Aaron!!!