Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Changing 04 Acc Stock Radio (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/changing-04-acc-stock-radio-14012/)

johnnyboy31989 11-15-2007 09:28 AM

Changing 04 Acc Stock Radio

Has anyone done this or does anyone know if its possible. I have a stock 04 acc 4dr V6 with the regular radio and i want to put in the Honda Navigation Head unit. I know id have to change the whole front dash peice if its even possible. Any help or advice is appreciated. thanks

klrspz 11-15-2007 10:55 AM

RE: Changing 04 Acc Stock Radio

Take a look at the link collection in my sig.

within you will find stereo removal information.

hope this helps.

Fenix 11-15-2007 11:07 AM

i have the stereo replacement bezel and i freaking hate it. Its so cheap looking/feeling the heat control knobs come off and it doesnt match the color of the rest of the dash.

klrspz 11-15-2007 12:16 PM

I have the Metra Turbo2 and have no problems with it yet..

People have suggested to change out the control knobs from the OEM since the new ones fell off easy and didn't light up properly.

Maybe that would fix your problem?

smaglik 11-15-2007 12:19 PM

he's talking about the honda nav unit.

do a search...jhowkins (i beleive) is working with this...

and welcome to the forum

klrspz 11-15-2007 12:31 PM

Yeah the OP is, but Fenix I believe was just talking about the metra replacement, which has the same complaints..

The removal process is described in the link mentioned earlier, but the NAV info is not.

Fenix 11-15-2007 12:38 PM

yea i was just complaining, it just isnt up to par with the rest of the stuff i have, its all quality except for that one piece. But i was wondering would it be possible to use the stereo with the nav, take out that screen and put in a dbl din?

klrspz 11-15-2007 12:58 PM

I haven't looked, but I also haven't seen a Double DIN dash kit for the 7th gen.

I believe that's why the guys are custom building their kits with bondo/etc.

jhowkins 12-20-2007 09:48 PM

Interested in doing the mod? I'll have a full walkthrough available VERY soon. I *JUST* ordered the connectors to hook it all up this week. Its taken me over 2 months to find them - NO ONE seems to have this info published... ANYWHERE!.... at least except for my website. :-)

You will see on my latest post the manufacturers who make the connectors if you are interested in making a wire harness yourself, or I will soon offer them via my website and ebay... for a MUCh better price than what is typically charged on ebay (plus mine will use the actual connectors - not pigtails, not modified headers, etc) Anyway... enough marketing for one night... good luck in attempting this - hopefully my website will shed a little light into how much work and research I've done so far - soon it will be summerized in an easy how-to DIY... yadda yaddda...

klrspz 12-21-2007 11:15 AM

yeah sounds great.. keep us updated!