Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Changing 6 Cd to Navigation (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/changing-6-cd-navigation-23060/)

R3C0N 01-21-2009 12:23 AM

Changing 6 Cd to Navigation

I have a 4 cylinder 06 Honda Accord EX and my lcd screen cracked on the radio. I was wondering will there be problems if I switch into the 06 OEM Navigation..

t00fatt 01-21-2009 09:32 AM

RE: Changing 6 Cd to Navigation

I'm not 100% on this, but I think there is a bit more than just the HU. You would need to pass the data and power cables for the DVD drive under the seat, and the GPS antennae. I really doubt that wiring is there from factory.

EDIT: I have a 6 cd changer from my 06 if you are interested in replacing the stock HU with the same one. I've been wanting to put it on ebay, but I've never gotten around to doing it. I only used it for about 3 months before I got my HU.

finch13 01-21-2009 11:00 AM

You should be able to plug it right in, but you need the DVD player as well. If you have the shark fin antenna on your roof, you should have the GPS antenna wiring. My grandparents just have the CD player, but they also have the GPS antenna wiring as well.

t00fatt 01-21-2009 04:40 PM

Finch there is a difference between a XM satellite receiver and a GPS receiver. So if what your saying is true the GPS has to be built into the XM antenna, which I don't think is the case. But honda may very well only make one with both reicvers built in for all I know. But I would assume they have one that is just XM and one that is both. I can only guess though.

finch13 01-21-2009 04:42 PM

Wont know until he tries it I guess... I think we had a discussion about this before with someone wanting to do the same thing... I cant remember what we told them.

t00fatt 01-21-2009 04:48 PM

Jhowkins is very familiar with the navi unit, if anyone would know it's him. I haven't seen him around for months though. To the OP, what I recommend doing is calling your local dealership and ask them. Most of us either can't afford the OEM navi, or would prefer aftermarket so there arn't too many around here.

EDIT: The wiring definitely should be there, I'm just talking about the hardware in the antenna itself.

finch13 01-21-2009 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

Jhowkins is very familiar with the navi unit, if anyone would know it's him. I haven't seen him around for months though. To the OP, what I recommend doing is calling your local dealership and ask them. Most of us either can't afford the OEM navi, or would prefer aftermarket so there arn't too many around here.

EDIT: The wiring definitely should be there, I'm just talking about the hardware in the antenna itself.

Right, so the OP should need

- OEM Navi Unit
- OEM DVD Player
- OEM GPS Antenna