Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Check Engine Light w/ Sub + Amp install (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/check-engine-light-w-sub-amp-install-64751/)

Daanish 06-29-2017 08:16 PM

Check Engine Light w/ Sub + Amp install

Hi all I'm new here

Anyways, a few buddies of mine helped set up a 12 inch kicker subwoofer + 250.1 Amp (Kicker amp) and an LOC hooked up to the rear speakers in the trunk. It runs great. Aside from the problem with the ANC (Gonna disconnect that sooner or later), I have another problem :l ........

When I turned the car on I couldn't help but notice the Check Engine Light on, and ECO Mode no longer works - I can activate ECO mode and it makes the pedal response looser, but the speedometer doesn't glow green anymore. I also noticed the car's gearing changed especially at highway speeds (I have the Automatic CVT). Prior to the sub install I would floor the pedal and the engine would happily rev all the way up to redline (7250 RPM I believe) however I gave the car a run and it sluggishly climbed up to 6000 RPM and seemed to not want to go any higher than that, along with some jerking :confused:. I'm taking it easy when I drive now.

Anyways I'm planning on going to Best Buy and having them redo the wiring bc something got messed up and hopefully they could pinpoint the problem because it's definitely some small issue like a fuse being misplaced or a wiring problem in the engine because prior to the install the car was perfectly fine and it's oil life is at 60%.

I looked at the fusebox under the driver side and I'm completely stumped. I checked the owner's manual and I was lost :shrug: I'll try and put some photos up tomorrow.

And if anyone was curious of how I ran the wires to the battery, I ran it through the small holes located behind the fuse box that run directly into the wheel well and up into the engine bay from underneath the plastic trim inside the engine bay.

And to top all this off I was rear ended today by an SUV :hammer: , but that story is for another thread.

Thanks for any input or help

keep_hope_alive 07-01-2017 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Daanish (Post 375811)
Hi all I'm new here

Anyways, a few buddies of mine helped set up a 12 inch kicker subwoofer + 250.1 Amp (Kicker amp) and an LOC hooked up to the rear speakers in the trunk. It runs great. Aside from the problem with the ANC (Gonna disconnect that sooner or later), I have another problem :l ........

When I turned the car on I couldn't help but notice the Check Engine Light on, and ECO Mode no longer works - I can activate ECO mode and it makes the pedal response looser, but the speedometer doesn't glow green anymore. I also noticed the car's gearing changed especially at highway speeds (I have the Automatic CVT). Prior to the sub install I would floor the pedal and the engine would happily rev all the way up to redline (7250 RPM I believe) however I gave the car a run and it sluggishly climbed up to 6000 RPM and seemed to not want to go any higher than that, along with some jerking :confused:. I'm taking it easy when I drive now.

Anyways I'm planning on going to Best Buy and having them redo the wiring bc something got messed up and hopefully they could pinpoint the problem because it's definitely some small issue like a fuse being misplaced or a wiring problem in the engine because prior to the install the car was perfectly fine and it's oil life is at 60%.

I looked at the fusebox under the driver side and I'm completely stumped. I checked the owner's manual and I was lost :shrug: I'll try and put some photos up tomorrow.

And if anyone was curious of how I ran the wires to the battery, I ran it through the small holes located behind the fuse box that run directly into the wheel well and up into the engine bay from underneath the plastic trim inside the engine bay.

And to top all this off I was rear ended today by an SUV :hammer: , but that story is for another thread.

Thanks for any input or help

Sorry for the delay.

I have the same car and haven't experienced anything like that in 92k miles.

Something was done to cause those problems. Something was disconnected or the shop connected to a wire they shouldn't have.

Where did remote turn-on come from?

Those are pretty serious problems, i would undo the install and ensure the problem goes away, then report back with exact wire connections. Be sure to quote my post so i get a notification and I can reply faster.