Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Couple questions (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/couple-questions-49189/)

DozeBeatS 07-29-2012 11:22 AM

Couple questions

Hey guys, I recently upgraded my speakers on my 06 Accord. I ran all new speaker wire to my JL amp. Little did I know in doing this, I would lose my voice guidance for the navigation. Does anyone know how to get it back? Im guessing a wire has to be spliced in somewhere but Im not sure.

Also, I noticed the GPS is losing its signal randomly. I was using it for the first time since the speaker install yesterday and at one point, my position locked up and I couldnt do anything on the unit except hit cancel. Shutting down the car and turning it back on seemed to work, but then it happened again. I must have crimped a wire or loosened something when running new speaker wire but I am uncertain where since I am unfamiliar with the GPS wiring and antenna. Anyone have even the slightest clue?

Thanks in advance.

DozeBeatS 07-29-2012 11:31 AM

Problem is, I dont know which wires are for the navi.

poorman212 07-29-2012 11:49 AM

I'm moving this to the audio section as I think it fits better here.

keep_hope_alive 07-29-2012 10:00 PM

getting the navi audio back is possible, but it depends on how you installed the amp - how did you get a signal for it? describe in detail how you wired the head unit to the amplifier.

DozeBeatS 07-30-2012 06:55 AM

The HU is wired to an LOC in the rear of the car. (Had a shop do it). The rcas from the LOC go into my sub amp which sends the signal to my 4 channel amp. All 4 speakers are wired to the 4 Chan. Let me know if you need more info.

keep_hope_alive 07-30-2012 04:56 PM

so if the navi signal is only in the front speakers - you never send that to your amp.

you should have a LOC off the front speaker outputs as well. the front outputs should feed the speakers and rear should feed the sub. while you lose fader (you can attenuate rears at the amp) you can use the fader as a quasi sub level controller.

David Navone Engineering makes a nice 4 channel LOC for this purpose.

You could also run JL Cleansweep with the summing adapter, or a JBL MS-8, or an Audio Control, MTX, RF, etc. OEM interface product.

DozeBeatS 07-31-2012 04:01 PM

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. You gotta excuse me a little, Im a bit of a noob with all this. So basically the 2nd LOC would get spliced in where, from one of the original speaker wires in the front? What would be the purpose of doing it this way? Would that give me back my voice guidance?

keep_hope_alive 07-31-2012 05:17 PM

the second loc would get wired to the front speaker outputs - ideally behind the head unit. this is easiest when you get both a 70-1721 and 71-1721 harness so you can intercept factory wiring without cutting any factory wiring.

the 300/4 has high level inputs!!! so, no LOC is necessary! just run left and right speaker wires from the HU front outputs to the 300/4 input. you just need to solder RCA ends on the wires and choose the "HIGH" input setting. then set the amp to 2CH mode. this eliminates the RCA from the sub amp to the JL amp.

DozeBeatS 07-31-2012 10:48 PM

So basically I would be connecting the factory speaker wire directly to the 300/4 by soldering rcas at the other end? Is that correct?

keep_hope_alive 07-31-2012 11:35 PM

that is correct. better than any LOC.