Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Diamond Audio (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/diamond-audio-12643/)

korrupt1 09-19-2007 10:05 PM

Diamond Audio

Anybody try them out? Bunch of the legend guys swear by em and I think when I am ready to re upgrade the current system in the Accord, thats what I am gonna go with along with maybe a DVD player....really havent decided on that DVD setup yet but looking into it

amatt85 09-19-2007 10:22 PM

RE: Diamond Audio

from what ive heard from people they are decent, solid subs. u could also look into some kickers, those are always a solid choice. or if u wanna go with something that hardly anybody has probably heard of but are some serious quality subs, then i could tell u about them also. what is your price range? and what kinda power are u lookin to push them with?

korrupt1 09-19-2007 10:53 PM

price isnt the biggest concern of mine.....few bills these days, making decent $$ so sound quality is high on my priority list.

system in there sounds decent enough for now (no idea what the highs/mids are right now...but they were upgraded before I bought the car by previous owner) and currently has 2 10" Audiobahn subs powered by a Sony 1000watt ( I know, I know...not really a 1000watt....just too lazy to do the math to get RMS value right now)

I do know I want silk dome tweet as titanium is just too harsh on the ears, good set of mids for the front, and a really decent matched up set of subs/amp setup......right now its not too bassy but hits nicely as the volume is increased and I didnt lose too much room in the trunk.

again, sound quality is far more important than pounding the hardest on the block (although being heard IS fun! LOL!)

Been looking into Focal and such

amatt85 09-19-2007 11:06 PM

focals are a great choice. u could also look at some mb quarts, maybe some hertz. if u want a nice sq amp then take a look at audison. sq subs you could obviously look at jl audio...but if u wanna be different and sound better while doing it then i would choose the RE XXX...that thing is awesome. http://www.reaudio.com ....again..all that was said because u said price wasnt an issue, b/c those are some pricey brands.

korrupt1 09-20-2007 12:48 AM

might have to save for some of that.........looked into Arc audio too....those are some pricey guys!! thats why I was looking into Diamond...decently priced, silk domes, good mids (had the db series in my Acura) and really good bass from the subs and a nice matched amp....kicking myself for not pulling the system out from that car......pounded REALLY hard but the rearview wouldnt even shake at all....and it had the progressive added bass as volume increased....just the way I like it so it wasnt all bassy all the time and could hold a conversation without having to turn down the subs :D

MacLeod 09-20-2007 03:41 PM

Diamond Audio makes excellent speakers and subs. They have a very detailed and natural sound to them. The only complaints I have about them is they seem to have a "glassy" sound to them and theyre not the best in the mid bass department.

Focals are quite excellent. Great overall sound and superb midbass. However they can give up a little detail and they can tend to be on the bright side.

Look into some Dynaudio. Just awesome speakers. Morel also makes great speakers. Scanspeak make some of my favorite. Theyre home audio speakers primarily but they work just fine in a car. Although you have to buy them seperately and they dont come with a crossover so youll have to supply your own.

Obviously I also think highly of Polk Audio as well. Theyre Signature Reference line is as good as any speaker out there and has served me well for the 2 years Ive been running them. Their Momo line is also very good and I think is better than just about anything out there $300 and under.

korrupt1 09-20-2007 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: MacLeod

Diamond Audio makes excellent speakers and subs. They have a very detailed and natural sound to them. The only complaints I have about them is they seem to have a "glassy" sound to them and theyre not the best in the mid bass department.

Focals are quite excellent. Great overall sound and superb midbass. However they can give up a little detail and they can tend to be on the bright side.

Look into some Dynaudio. Just awesome speakers. Morel also makes great speakers. Scanspeak make some of my favorite. Theyre home audio speakers primarily but they work just fine in a car. Although you have to buy them seperately and they dont come with a crossover so youll have to supply your own.

Obviously I also think highly of Polk Audio as well. Theyre Signature Reference line is as good as any speaker out there and has served me well for the 2 years Ive been running them. Their Momo line is also very good and I think is better than just about anything out there $300 and under.
Dynaudio!!! totally forgot about those guys!!!! kinda sketchy about Polk....especially the Momo line....not saying their bad just dont see/hear that much of a difference in that and the line right below the Momo....just seemed like a marketing gimmick (dont get me wrong....I have a Momo steering wheel, pedals and shifter knob on the way! :) )

havent heard Morels yet....guess its time to go shopping.....but still looking into the Diamond because I have a place that has stacks of them here and easily accesible.

t00fatt 09-26-2007 12:23 PM

I have to say I love my JLs. They're so clear and bright and never too harsh. I'm always getting compliments on how good my speakers sound. If I had to get another pair I would defiantly get them again. Also they go for about $200 a pair online which is pretty good for the sound quality. As for subs if you want SQ I wouldn't go for kickers, they are great for SPL though and are solidly built. I have been pounding my 15"s for almost 3 years now.

MacLeod 09-26-2007 07:50 PM

Hard to go wrong with anything from JL.

Theyve been one of my alltime favorite brands or many moons now.

Kai Winters 09-27-2007 06:06 AM

I have been a fan of MB Quarts for a long time. Crisp and clear mid's with very good highs.
Recently I went with the JL XR650CSi components. The mid range is crisp and clear and surprisingly good bass. However I do not like their tweeters, aluminum dome,at all. I find them too harsh. I varied the crossover settings but could not smooth them out to my preferences. I changed them for the Memphis MC1-MT1S silk dome tweeters andam very satisfied. They have the samedetail but sound smoother to my ears.
My music preferences range from Nora Jones to AC/DC, Beatles, Annie Lennox/Eurthmics depending on my mood.

Many people on car audio forums rave about Rainbow speakers but they are not easy to find.
I prefer to buy local when possible to audition what Imay buy.
Good luck and keep us informed.