Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   DIY - CarNetwork (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/diy-carnetwork-58079/)

autowiz 01-27-2014 07:01 PM

DIY - CarNetwork

8 Attachment(s)
My car has an aem ems-4 ecu and i am always making real-time adjustments with aemtuner. i built a carpc and installed it in my car so i would not have to ride around with a laptop, but the 7" screen is hard on the eyes trying to use tuning software while i drive(real-time). and the 17" laptop is just cumbersome and the usb cable always gets in my way. oh and aem tuner only runs in a windows environment. this is my problem/motivation.

the installation of a router was simple. an intelligent dc-dc power supply programmed to give the proper voltage to the router eliminates the need for an inverter. i ran a cat6 Ethernet cable from my carpc to the router. and that was pretty much it for the hardware installation. then i took a 13.3" android 4.1 tablet, downloaded a remote desktop app that works with windows remote desktop protocol($15 @ google playstore) connected my tablets wifi to my car's router(no internet), and entered my carpc's ip address into the tablet's app and suddenly i can run windows only aemtuner on my android tablet for wifi real time tuning. also my car is now my large wireless thumbstick, lol. and wifi file sharing with tablet(s), laptop(s), and cellphone(s), and all the other good stuff that comes along with having a home network. that is, a CarNetwork

TexasHonda 01-28-2014 08:55 AM

Read forum posting rules and don't post to DIY forum. I moved post to correct forum and a moderator will decide if post should be permanently included in DIY forum.

thanks for your post.

good luck

keep_hope_alive 01-29-2014 11:59 PM

it's not DIY without more information so someone could replicate the results. that means wiring diagrams and photos of how you mounted everything. if you share enough information for someone else to achieve the same result, which would be appreciated, then it makes a great DIY topic.

with finished photos only, this is the correct section.

if you start a build log thread, i'll make it a Sticky. seems you've done a lot to your 5th gen Accord.

autowiz 01-30-2014 08:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
more than you'd believe

keep_hope_alive 01-31-2014 11:58 PM

it worries me you only need 34 out of 50 to pass. That's a D.

TexasHonda 02-01-2014 06:56 AM

Congratulations on passing the exam! Looks like a very thorough course of study.

I hope you stick around. We need good input.

good luck

autowiz 02-16-2014 12:32 PM

10 Attachment(s)
most wouldn't get 1/2 of those questions. but I got 44 and it is only 50 questions because it is recertification. I have already held this title for over 5 years. I felt my diy was self explanatory. it takes power and ground. do I need to post a schematic for 2 wires? it would take a month of sundays to create another build thread on my aem accord. seriously. I do have a build thread here: My Accord build carputer communicating with ecu REAL TIME TUNING with more pictures than you'd believe. lol. my car boasts 4 xbox 360 wireless controllers, an hdmi 7" touchscreen running at 1920x1080res, true 5.1channel home theater, the carpc I built is a full on gaming rig. it runs 64bit windows7 ultimate and is mounted where the car's ecu used to be under the pas. side toe board. I swapped in an f20b with type s cams, an lsd t2t4 trans, and a wideband o2 driven aem ems-4 universal standalone with optical cam&crank sensors and coils off a k20/k24 motor. tethered to my cellphone, I can stream youtube or have facebook videochat with the wife and kids back home while I am racing up and down the freeway. my car does things most other cars never dream of. and here are the rest of my credentials for the moment. by the end of feb. I will hold 11 certifications. during the week, I am lead tech at a local corvette shop, and on the weekends I build gaming pc's and host small scale lan parties. I have skyrim installed in my car and it runs at high settings at 1920x1080 res. usually there is a major separation between mechanical and electrical. most are good at one or the other and I would love to see anybody else go this far on a build. most builders focus on just 1 aspect. like getting from point a to b real fast. and getting stuck in traffic in such a build becomes a pain. my build is a 200hp Honda that spins both front wheels, and is enjoyable to sit at a stop light in. being caught in bumper to bumper traffic just means getting to enjoy more of that blue ray movie before I reach my destination.