Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Done with my tunes (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/done-my-tunes-12020/)

RTexasF 08-25-2007 08:18 PM

Done with my tunes

In order to be able to still use my full trunk,when I need it, I went with a Bazooka 200Watt sub. It can be removed very easily when I need to fold down the seat and turn my little Accord into a truck for the day. It sounds goodand the bass can be felt in the seat & seenbuzzing the mirrors when cranked up. It's NOT a super boomer but far better thanbefore the sub. Hint:drop the rear arm rest and the pass through from the trunk to the front. The remote control (left of console) is useless, save your money on that if you go this route.Here's a shot or two of how it came out:

[IMG]local://upfiles/127/C4EED9D017294403A97FA7D90FE2545C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/127/D8B9FBF4277C49D6927FC16B1E34472C.jpg[/IMG]

RTexasF 08-25-2007 08:48 PM

RE: Done with my tunes

So now I have:

4 Kicker (very efficient) two way speakers
Mat in front doors andrear shelf
12 gauge wire to all speakers & connections
disonnected tweets in dash (they were useless)
JL Audio Clean Sweep (hidden in dash)
JL Audio 45X4 Amp
200 Watt (Self contained amp) Bazooka 10" Sub
Remote Volume for Clean Sweep
Remote Volume & Crossover for Bazooka (useless control, I spent $$ for nothing here)
Stevie Ray Vaughan sounds VERY GOOD!
I like, it doesn't kick total ass but it ain't bad at all!
Beats the stock system one hundred fold

Not bad for an old fart, eh?

HuYnHness 08-25-2007 11:09 PM

that sounds decent enough "for an old fart" it looks like a nice efficient system. its small and takes little space but does what it needs to.

i think i should have bought two way speakers for my doors instead of my component system. im still too lazy to try to figure a way to wire up my crossovers and run wires to my stock dash tweeter locations.

bass controllers are more useful on more powerful systems like my brothers 2 12" jl's with very strong ma audio amp. some songs require more/less bass than others

MacLeod 08-26-2007 12:05 AM

Nice simple effecient and practical system. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Congrats! Its always nice to still be able to use your trunk. ;)

RTexasF 08-26-2007 02:55 PM

Thanks guys, I'mvery pleased with it.

finch13 08-26-2007 03:19 PM

Wow, that looks extremely clean, except for the control box. Doesn't 12 ga. wire to the speaks seem a bit overkill? I only have 16 ga. running from my amp to subs...

RTexasF 08-26-2007 04:37 PM

That remote for the sub will be coming off. With only two hundred watts volume control isn't needed and once the crossover is dialed in there's no need to change it. Overkill on the wire? Maybe but I also have the home theater hooked up with it too. All five speakers except the sub, it's running a Monster Cable hookup to the low frequency outlet on the Onkyo.

finch13 08-26-2007 04:43 PM

I dunno, I used a wire sizing calc online and it said 16 ga. was the perfect size.

RTexasF 08-26-2007 07:12 PM

I'm not saying it's the best or anything like that, just that I wanted to be assured of no signal loss. Just a personal choice that's all. Likely not needed in the car at all but I have some 40' runs to speakers at home so it made sense to me there. I had wire remaining so why not use it instead of buying more?

Wolf 08-29-2007 09:22 AM

Very nice. I, however, need more bass...In my current car I have a kicker L7 15" running on an MTX Thunder series 600w amp, some JBL 6x9 speakers powered by an alpine amp and a stinger battery in the back. I have a motorized jensen 7" head unit which makes the music crisp and clear. In my accord I was thinking about going with a few JL W7 12"s but undecided right now.