Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Driver Side Door Will Not Lock!!!! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/driver-side-door-will-not-lock-17051/)

pham9006 03-21-2008 09:46 PM

Driver Side Door Will Not Lock!!!!

i just recognized the problem today..i replaced my downstream oxygen sensor and it went well..when i finished i locked the door with my key. When i pushed the lock button, my car did not honk (as it usually did). then i came to realized that only my passenger side door was being locked and not the driver side. then i pushed the unlock button and the passenger side door stayed lock. got really fustrated and walked away for 2 minutes.

Came back, and pushed unlock button and the passenger side door unlocked. then i pushed the lock button and all doors locked except driver side. i than sat in my car and pushed the lock button on driver side panel where the window(up.down) button is. all doors locked except driver side. this pissed me off.

so it seems like all doors will lock except driver side. it will not lock but only when i manually lock it by pushing down the little tab. and getting into my car i have to use the key to open it which i dont like. wtf is wrong? is my key battery died? i dont think so since i tried to lock from the inside of the car and it would not lock.

i was thinking of taking of the driver side door panel to see if a wire is loose due to the fact that my system is freaking loud and the vibration knocked it loose. but i dunno how? anybody have instructions.

jhowkins 03-22-2008 02:39 PM

RE: Driver Side Door Will Not Lock!!!!

This is a common problem on the Accord. I also have a 2003 EX-V6 coupe and I've had the driver side go... and recently, the passenger side. The problem is the electronic acuator that moves the lock up and down inside the door panel. You'll need to replace it or get the dealer to have a look at it... it's also possible you bumbed a wire while you were working on the other project, which prevented power from getting to the door (maybe you grounded something that wasn't supposed to be grounded?)

Hope this helps.

pham9006 03-22-2008 09:11 PM

that must be it..i did some research and yea its common on honda accords. does anybody know how much they cost or is it possible to repair myself?

finch13 03-23-2008 03:48 AM

In the $40 - $60 range. It's a tight squeeze in the door, but is a pretty simple fix if you have some mechanical inclination.

pham9006 05-26-2008 11:26 AM

well ive been locking the door manualy now...
but now i want to put in an aftermarket alarm system like viper..
do i still need to replace the actuator??
and what types of alarm out thur are the best?

19Accord97 05-26-2008 09:06 PM

The alarm system will not fix your problem so you will need to replace it either way.

finch13 05-26-2008 11:43 PM

Like 97 said, the alarm will not fix the door locks. All the alarm system does is send a positive pulse to your door lock switch when you press the buttons.

As for the alarms, I just put in a Clifford Matrix 12.5X and very pleased with it. Viper is just a popular brand name. Keep this in mind: Viper is a brand name of Directed Electronics (you may have heard of them in car audio, they make Polk Audio and SIRIUS sat radio). They also manufacture Clifford, Avital, Python, Hornet, Valet and Astroflex to name a few. So find the features you want/need and see if those other brand names offer something similar at a lower price. If you want the Viper name just know you are probably shelling out a few more bills for the same box.

I visited a car alarm and audio shop to see how much installation would be and he quoted $150 an hour and he also said they only do "Viper" alarms and not "Clifford". I walked out after hearing two ridiculous statements in the same sentence. I DIY'ed it and found it's not all that difficult if you don't mind removing some panels and know how to crimp connectors. If you need more info, PM me and I'll be happy to help.

19Accord97 05-27-2008 12:30 AM

^mmmhmmm

Best Buy sells Viper
Circuit City sells Pythons, but like finch said they are the same thing

I have the Viper 350hv and havent had any problems. I forget how much I paid, it was either $250 or $350 a few years ago w/ installation at BB.

finch13 05-27-2008 12:34 AM

I paid $203 without installation at Ultimate Electronics. :D

Another thing I forgot to mention, if you install if yourself you automatically void the lifetime warranty, something I found out after I installed it.

Luckily, I'm pretty sure the only thing that might wear out or fail during the period I own the car are the 6 or so relays inside, should be an easy fix.

HustLa 05-27-2008 12:40 AM

I had this problem with my 94 Accord. All I had to do though, was pull on the door handle as I locked the doors then when I shut the door the driver side stayed locked. I guess it's too late to try that though lol