Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sony Radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:43 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Sony Radio

Hello All!
I installed a Kenwood radio in a friends car today and he gave me some $$ plus the old head unit he had. I dont know the model right now, but it is the type where the face plate drops down to reveal the dials for volume n' such. The only problem with the head unit was that it would freguently stop opening, therefore leaving the volume unable to burned turned up or down and a cd is stuck in there. On the top left, there is a button that should allow it to open up, but it wont open. Also, how can I hook the radio up to a power source? I tried a 12v dc batt. charger and it didnt work...but maybe it wasnt making the best suggestions. Any help would be great! Thatd be sweet if I got a nice HU that only needed a simple fix.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Default RE: Sony Radio

Might want to browse the yellow pages for a stereo repair shop. I had a Kenwood that skipped like a beeyotch, like at the slightest bump - but rather than buying a new one, I took it by a repair shop and for $60 it was fixed and lasted several more years.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:57 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hmmm....so do you think I should just leave me Aiwa stereo in, or check out the Sony? Would a repair shop do a free inspection or w/e?

Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well, there arent any stereo repair shops around here So that sucks. But anyways, I went to wally world, bought another wiring harness $7 (the price has gone down) and got it all wired up. Tomorrow after work, i'll put it in and see what happens. If something goes wrong, ill prolly post pics and what not.

From what I saw when the radio was in his car, when you pressed the button that opens the faceplace to see the volume controls, you could press it but it would not open. Then on the top right there is a super smally button about pin sized that I figured was the reset. But we kept hitting it and nothing happened. Im thininkg, that the contacts need a good shot of electronic cleaner spray. What about you?