Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Alarm Battery backup/extra siren

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:11 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Alarm Battery backup/extra siren

Well I am currently moving into my townhouse w/ my other roomies and the area isn't completly garbage, but they have had break ins and what not. Upon doing a drive around (only 30% of people are here, the rest move in this weekend) I only say one other modified car.

I have a Viper 350HV alarm and will be getting it set to "High" sensitivity.

Where can I get the battery backup for it?
I also plan on adding a Piezo pain siren (look okay?) and possibly another siren.
Is it hard to wire that stuff up? I plan on putting the pain siren under my racing seat which is pretty hard to get to.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I installed the battery with my alarm years ago in my previous car, I can't remember the exact process but wasn't too bad. May be more difficult now since it's already installed. I've always like the idea of having sierns or a nice air horn in the cabin. But under the seat isn't going to do much. That thing is like a tweeter and is directional. If it's small enough, mounting them in the air vents would be perfect. And I would use at least two. Still may not be very effective, I always wanted to put a air horn on the rear deck facing forward. A big marine one that uses a pump and not a compressor and a tank. They still get plenty loud in a confined space, more so that those sirens.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:11 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Any idea where to get the battery backup?

I think i'll try one and see how loud that is.

I guess yesterday someone parked in someone elses spot and kept honking at the guy trying to get him to move. So the guy who was in the wrong spot got out w/ a baseball bat. lmao

Greaaaat.....

Old 08-12-2009, 03:02 PM

Pretty sure I got mine off ebay.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Just ordered one for $16. DEI 520T

Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

and a mini piezo siren for $7.61. Both brand new...

This was the first time i've had to pay sales tax on anything though!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:17 PM

One of those sirens may be loud enough to bother the **** out of you, but not enough to stop someone from getting what they want. It is going to have to be more than just painfully loud to stop them. It only takes about a minute to get your radio out. I would think your going to need two or four to get the results you want.

And be sure to hide the battery somewhere in the dash, and not in the engine bay.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Originally Posted by t00fatt
One of those sirens may be loud enough to bother the **** out of you, but not enough to stop someone from getting what they want. It is going to have to be more than just painfully loud to stop them. It only takes about a minute to get your radio out. I would think your going to need two or four to get the results you want.

And be sure to hide the battery somewhere in the dash, and not in the engine bay.

I'll grab another one or two once I figure out how to wire everything up. Think the battery backup will be enough to power my main siren and the mini?

If my radio gets stolen, the good thing is that it is password protected, just like oem honda stereos, except that I create my own password.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:40 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Looks like i'll be putting this stuff in in about 6 hours. Better get some sleep!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:40 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Fatty, this guy has installed quite a few alarms and installed the Piezo siren behind the glove box..... hmmm! I guess I will see how that goes!

Also, how should I wire in the extra siren?

Quick Reply: Alarm Battery backup/extra siren