Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   factory NAV + stereo upgrade? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/factory-nav-stereo-upgrade-54820/)

DeusExM1 05-14-2013 04:06 PM

factory NAV + stereo upgrade?

hi guys,

Im new on these boards. I registered because I am interested in getting an accord coupe ( 8th gen)... My question to you guys is this: If you buy an EX model with factory navigation... Can you still upgrade and add a custom stereo (such as one from crutchfield.com)? Can you upgrade the speakers, add amps, subs, etc?

Basically what i would like to do is to buy a factory nav accord, and then add a custom stereo , add better speakers, subwoofer, and an amplifier. Can I do that or not? and if so, then how many total speakers are there in accord? 4 i assume? And what kind of equipment/parts would be required?

Please let me know!

neophyte 05-14-2013 06:20 PM

yes you can do that.
should be 6 speakers, 2 in front door, 2 in the deck, and 2 in the dash.

you will need:
~~equipment~~
some sort of processor (usually this would be a headunit but with the factory nav you will have to do something different, an eq would be a good way to go)
copper (wire, multiple sizes lengths)
terminals
fuses
LOC (or some way to convert your signal so that your processor will work with it.)
fues holders
speakers
subwoofer
amp/s ( I would get two, one for the mids highs, and one for the sub.)
also you will need an assortment of electrial connectors. (walmart sells them in assorted packs about 15 dollars.)
3/4 mdf for baffles and sub box.
wood glue

~~tools~~
screw drivers
ratchets or wrenches or both
pliers
crimp tool
wire cutters (sometimes these have crimp tools built in)
trim tools (can use a flat head but these make it a lot easier to remove pannels)
digital multimeter (can get one for 12 dollars at walmart, I use it more than any other tool I have)
solder (two sizes one for small wire one for amp power wire)
soldering Iron
torch
jigsaw to cut baffles
skill saw to cut sub box
screw gun and screws to assemble box.

and I am sure I have missed a thing or two or ten. I always end up needing stuff I didnt think I would.

keep_hope_alive 05-17-2013 06:57 PM

thanks Neo.

front 6.5" component speakers and rear coaxial speakers powered by a 4 channel amp is certainly doable.

as mentioned, you'll need something to take the speaker level signals and turn them into suitable low level (RCA) signals for the amp. you need both front and rear wires as inputs.

you can get integration harnesses from pacaudio.com to minimize cutting of wires.

speakers require custom brackets (you can buy from crutchfield).

WheelBrokerAng 05-18-2013 12:23 AM

Thank You Stereo Men..as always you give out great information..

WheelBrokerAng :)