Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Which flip out touchscreen to get? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/flip-out-touchscreen-get-19580/)

19Accord97 07-07-2008 04:17 PM

Which flip out touchscreen to get?

If things go accarding to plan I should be purchasing a flip out single DIN touchscreen. I was looking into a no name one but am now going to go with one of the following. I have basic knowledge as I know how to install everything and wire it up but I dont know much about touchscreens. The 3 I see on eBay are roughly the same price, but if you know of another one please feel free to let me know if its in the same price range. Also, I am wanting one with a modern looking display instead of a generic Times New Roman kind of look on the interface. None of them really have a great looking stereo really. Anyways, here we go.

Pioneer-
Likes: The volumes knob instead of buttons, has 4v preouts which is pretty good, pretty good brand
Dislikes: No bluetooth

Kenwood -
Dislikes: No volume knob, and no bluetooth, and I think the Kenwood looks like it sticks way out?

Clarion -
Dislikes: No volume knob and looks sort of ugly.

So what do you guys think? I really think bluetooth would be cool....but idk how much I would use it and the Clarion HU is sort of ugly. I want one that will last! And I am hoping I can change the background and cool stuff like that. Thanks!

19Accord97 07-07-2008 04:19 PM

RE: Which flip out touchscreen to get?

I just noticed the Kenwood is Navigation ready. I dont think the other ones are.... I would like GPS so I will have to check out the cost.

t00fatt 07-07-2008 04:26 PM

I am really happy with my Valor HU, I've also only heard good things online as well. Honestly though there is a big difference between these HUs and the more expensive ones, and I think its worth just saving the extra money. I want to replace my HU with a pinoneer AVIC-N4 already and it would have been cheaper just to get the AVIC-N4. So if you think your going to upgrade at any point better to do it now than later.

19Accord97 07-07-2008 04:29 PM

So these are more junky HU's? I was assuming they would be pretty good considering they are in the $500+ range and are name brand. I really dont want to spend more than what one of these cost.

t00fatt 07-07-2008 04:41 PM

I wouldn't say junkie, but the interfaces and the HU themselves do look a bit "junkie". They don't have as many features and run slower. The even cheaper ones are complete crap. If you want the best bang for the buck and are good with computers get a Liliput screen and use a carputer.

19Accord97 07-08-2008 12:03 AM

I am decent w/ computers but I am guessing the carputer is way over my head! I did see however and double DIN Pioneer touchscreen w/ GPS for a little over $500 and that caught my eye! Now, I think a double DIN wont work and I wonder why? I thought that if I take out my stereo and the cubby below that that is a double din?

I am most likely going to be going w/ one of the above 3.

importedminds 07-08-2008 05:46 AM

i had a pioneer before , was a lower end pioneer and i was very very disapointed in the quality of the sound output, then i changed to a alpine iva-d9001 , and it was awesome, this was a few years ago, anyways, i always felt alpine made the best hu's, and you could get one used for around your price range, unless you are dead set on brand new , thats the route i would go

t00fatt 07-08-2008 11:54 AM

The sound quality of my valor is exceptional, I really wasn't expecting the quality from such a cheap HU.

sangoma 07-08-2008 12:10 PM

I installed the Pioneer avh p4000 dvd in my accord a few weeks ago, and I love it. It's a double din, fits perfectly. It doesn't have bluetooth, but you can buy the adapter for 150$ or so. The flip out one has the same layout as mine, I was looking at it when I chose mine. It's really easy to use, I love it. I reccomend that one.

19Accord97 07-08-2008 02:02 PM

Sangoma, do you have any pics of the background? Does it look modern? And can you change the background or anything?

Alright, I will check into an Alpine unit...... i g2g (windows getting tinted :) ) so ill bb later.