Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   FM/CD is simply dead HELP! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/fm-cd-simply-dead-help-66877/)

devonks 07-03-2019 08:47 PM

FM/CD is simply dead HELP!

My current ride is 2009 Honda Accord lx-p and its been few weeks my FM/CD player has been dead and not turning on. Few things that I did:
1. checked all the fuses with multimeter
2. unhooked battery for 30 mins

1. All the fuse that I checked with multi meter is working great! Despite that, I am wondering why is the FM/CD player is dead? Is there any internal fuse that I have to check that resides inside the CD player itself or Do I have to change the whole CD player?

Appreciate your feedback!

keep_hope_alive 07-12-2019 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by devonks (Post 385913)
My current ride is 2009 Honda Accord lx-p and its been few weeks my FM/CD player has been dead and not turning on. Few things that I did:
1. checked all the fuses with multimeter
2. unhooked battery for 30 mins

1. All the fuse that I checked with multi meter is working great! Despite that, I am wondering why is the FM/CD player is dead? Is there any internal fuse that I have to check that resides inside the CD player itself or Do I have to change the whole CD player?

Appreciate your feedback!

Very unfortunate. Nice work so far. How long have you owned the car? Failures of that year haven't been as common.

If you're not the original owner, I would check behind the radio to see if someone removed it previously and didn't properly insert the harness (it has a clip that locks in place) or if any cutting was involved.

devonks 07-13-2019 10:32 AM

No power in CD player and clock

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive (Post 386065)
Very unfortunate. Nice work so far. How long have you owned the car? Failures of that year haven't been as common.

If you're not the original owner, I would check behind the radio to see if someone removed it previously and didn't properly insert the harness (it has a clip that locks in place) or if any cutting was involved.

I owned that car in 2016 so roughly its been few years that I owned that car.
Strange thing is I realized one more thing yesterday that the multimedia lights which is power on, power off track change ETC looked dim(faint) when I turned the headlight. However, the clock was completely off so was the CD player.

keep_hope_alive 07-22-2019 07:10 PM

Since there was a previous owner, it's worth looking behind the radio to see if it's a wiring issue. If the wiring is factory, then i'd suspect a unit failure. You could verify by measuring voltage at the radio harness with a DMM.

If you want to know how to remove the radio and how to interpret the harness wire colors, you can get temporary access to the online service manual at techinfo.honda.com