Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Fog Light and Head Unit Questions (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/fog-light-head-unit-questions-5029/)

MattMan657 09-18-2006 04:43 PM

Fog Light and Head Unit Questions

Hey guys, whats goin on? I've had my Accord for about a month and a half. It's a 2001 LX model, and it is my first car. I also have to say that I am really happy with it as a first car.

Something that all my buddies are saying that would look good on my Accord are fog lights. I was wondering, what are some decent brands and/or models. How much do pretty good ones cost, and how much do they cost to setup?

Another thing I was looking into are Head Units for a stereo system. The factory unit is pretty bland with very limited functions, so that was something I was looking into. What are some good brands and models. I wouldnt spend more than $175 on a unit. Hopefully that gives me some good options.

Thanks guys.

sir_nasty 09-18-2006 05:20 PM

RE: Fog Light and Head Unit Questions

As far as the head unit goes I'm personally a pretty big fan of Rockford Fosgate and I know you can get some decent decks for the $175.00 range. Fog lights are kind of a personal opinion on what to go with, pella makes some nice ones but they'll cost ya.... I personally would probably just go down to a local auto parts store and find some that I thought looked nice then see if you can find them online cheaper.

MattMan657 09-19-2006 06:01 PM

Ok. Ive narrowed it down to one head unit. The JENSEN MPX6411. It has alot of the features I am looking for at a reasonable price of around $130. Its also black so it'll match with my current dashboard. Do you guys have any reviews on this?

As for the fog lights. I was thinking about buying the ones made for the Accord off of Ebay so they have the casing thing. Im not sure what color is better, or if there is no difference. Either clear or yellow. Do you guys think that this is a wise decision? Thanks.

sir_nasty 09-19-2006 07:57 PM

Okay so this is just my opinion based on the ONE jensen that I've owned, lots of features but the deck sucked... I tried to pawn it after I got my fosgate deck and the dude at the pawnshop booked it out for what it was worth and I was offered $10.00 for it, cd, mp3 player, aux inputs etc... It was messed up so that I'd be driving down the road and the volume would start going up/down at random times (someone else in here had the same issue)... so the long and short of it: Great features for the Price, Usually will last for a year at least, better than stock deck sound to start with.... Bad: usually low output (regardless of what they say it will do) The cheap price seems to represent the build quality, I'd take the $130 and buy a sony from walmart before I'll ever own a jensen again.

Foglights, good call, keep it simple, just e-bay those, as long as the glass/housing is good and the wiring harness is there that's going to be the easiest option. I'd probably go with white lenses just so you can add colored bulbs in the future if you so choose

MattMan657 09-19-2006 08:50 PM

Awsome. Thanks for your help guys!

MattMan657 09-19-2006 11:37 PM

Sorry for the double post.

I was researching Fosgate, but I couldnt seem to find any head units they make. A few buddies of mine said that Pioneer makes alot of good models. I went online and looked up a model that runs for around $130. I found the Pioneer DEH-P4800MP. It looks pretty good. Any reviews? Also, how much do you estimate it would cost to have a headunit setup?

88accordlx 10-06-2006 08:21 PM

that pioneer would be a much better choice than the jensen, the pioneer sounds ALOT better, and will probably have better options.

HuYnHness 10-07-2006 04:13 AM

well i thought it was gonna be as easy as takin the old one out and puttin in a new one. boy was i wrong. you need to get a new wire harness and that radio trim kit watever its called. luckily it only costed me $10 for my 1994 because i knew somebody whose little brother worked in best buy, but that should cost you about $50