Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   gauge needle illumination problemon 95 Ex accord v6 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/gauge-needle-illumination-problemon-95-ex-accord-v6-13388/)

shox 10-22-2007 12:49 AM

gauge needle illumination problemon 95 Ex accord v6

I have a 95 Accord EX V6 (wifes Car) just had the ignition switch changed out due to itermittant response. . When we got the car back, the illumination for the indicatorneedles (Odometer, Tach, fuel & temp) does not light up at night. backlighting on the guages (you can see the numbers)works but not the needles. A friend who owns a body shop had the ignition module changed out for us but he said he didnt know of any thing they might have done to causea problem in the instrument panelAny one have any suggestions? Called the dealership and techs had no idea the needles were illumined. How are they illumined? maybe, fiber optics...or...?

00AccordLX5spd 10-22-2007 10:40 AM

RE: gauge needle illumination problemon 95 Ex accord v6

Hmmmm....good question. I want to say it's probably just by bulbs.

nafango2 10-22-2007 11:35 AM

their illuminated?
their not on my 96...
are the gauges different in a 95?

00AccordLX5spd 10-22-2007 11:38 AM

I'll have to check on my 95 EX V6 tonight. I can't remember

shox 10-23-2007 11:11 PM

I don't know if the gauges on a 95 are any different than a 96, Nafango2, but you have got to be able to determine how fast you are going at night, and I can not see the needles to determine that. You can see yours at night can't you? The back plate on mine is clearly visible (all numbers are illumined) In the day time the neddles are clearly white, but at night they are invisible. I don't know where else to check unless maybe I need to call the Honda Corporation direct....???? No one else seems to know anything about them.
Thanks for your response.

shox 10-23-2007 11:15 PM

Thank you for your response 00ACCORDLX5SPD. Did you get a chance to check out the gauge operation on the "money pit" last night?

00AccordLX5spd 10-24-2007 09:42 AM

Crap I forgot. Sorry man. The V6 is my wife's car. I'll set a reminder on my phone to check tonight...

00AccordLX5spd 10-25-2007 09:13 AM

The needles themselves do not seem to glow like they doin my 2000 model. They seem to have a bulb somewhere that casues them to light up. The reason I say this is: in my 2000 model, the needles glow orange, and the glow is consistent all the way from the base to the tip. In the 95, the needles are white, and they get darker towards the tips - appearing that they are reflecting off a bulb of some sort. There has got to be a bulb in there.
Can you post a pic of whatyours looks like?
I will try to take a pic of mine. If I can get my wife's stupid digital camera's flash to turn off[:@]

seynra 10-30-2007 03:51 PM

Hi, I just joined this forum because I found the message about the instrument needles not being lit. I recently bought a used '94 Accord and it has the same problem. If anyone has come up with a solution would you please let me know.
Thanks

shox 11-05-2007 09:10 PM

Thanks "OO" Iknow you have to be right there is 2 bulbs in the upper portion of the cavity that illuminate those needles.

" Seynra" if you are still looking for answers, go to the General Tech Help forum and look at my post there(Posted a copy of same in that section) the answers there are quite informative by "Velocifero" and others.

Thanks again "OO"