Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Good Deal or Bad Deal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/good-deal-bad-deal-10952/)

Kyle 07-14-2007 01:26 AM

Good Deal or Bad Deal

as the topic says is this a good deal or bad deal.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....prd53600050001

ive heard people say that the sony xplodes do what their called and explode. Advice would be greatly appreciated

tru_44 07-14-2007 02:04 AM

RE: Good Deal or Bad Deal

bad deal, those people are right,what is your max spending amount ? and what size/type of sub are u loking for. p.s package deals are not always the best to go after

t00fatt 07-14-2007 10:26 AM

Thats not even a good price, but defiantly stay away from the xplods. If you want quality subs at low cost get s pair of Kicker CVRs.

sir_nasty 07-14-2007 10:38 AM

If budget is a big issue then you could also try some pawn shops and get some good stuff for really cheap...

MacLeod 07-14-2007 11:21 AM

Im gonna get flamed for this but that isnt a half bad deal. Sony isnt the best stuff in the world but its not the worst either. Their subs are decent, and their amps are ok. I doubt youll get 1200 watts out of them but youd get a pretty good bit. Sony has several demo cars running around on theshow circuit and Ive seen a couple of them. They all work and sound pretty good.

The box is a solid piece. Q-Logic makes some nice stuff.

All and all, a pair of decent 12's in a pretty solid box with a decent amp for $350 aint bad. Youre not going to win any sound quality or SPL competitions and you wont be the loudest guy on the block, but it will be (forgive me for saying it again) decent.

Now if you were to spend a couple hundred more you could get a MUCH better setup.

03Sleeper 07-14-2007 12:37 PM

Anything is better than stock though. XPlod are just slightly better and there are so many better choices.

Go Alpine/Polk/Blaupankt/Pioneer...those are quality. Infinity are the best bang for the buck.

tru_44 07-14-2007 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: MacLeod

Im gonna get flamed for this but that isnt a half bad deal. Sony isnt the best stuff in the world but its not the worst either. Their subs are decent, and their amps are ok. I doubt youll get 1200 watts out of them but youd get a pretty good bit. Sony has several demo cars running around on theshow circuit and Ive seen a couple of them. They all work and sound pretty good.

The box is a solid piece. Q-Logic makes some nice stuff.

All and all, a pair of decent 12's in a pretty solid box with a decent amp for $350 aint bad. Youre not going to win any sound quality or SPL competitions and you wont be the loudest guy on the block, but it will be (forgive me for saying it again) decent.

Now if you were to spend a couple hundred more you could get a MUCH better setup.
wow! "flame on" lol, but sony is an upgarde from stock but it's not quality. For that price I feel u could run one decent sub and out perform the explodes. I've seen a few sites selling 2xplode 12's for under $100 so that is why I consider that price to high.(maybe consider type r, cvr, fubr,) also here is a fun link to view: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/xtm/xplodfire.htm

tru_44 07-14-2007 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

Anything is better than stock though. XPlod are just slightly better and there are so many better choices.

Go Alpine/Polk/Blaupankt/Pioneer...those are quality. Infinity are the best bang for the buck.

I also agree with this better than xplode.......^ Infinity is so so decent in some areas, poor in others.

pyaarawala 07-14-2007 10:23 PM

Price is definitely too high for Sony products. They sound like the Dual brand subs and even those are ok sounding. If I were you I wouldn't buy that, and go for the many other brands that other HAF users mentioned. Since I have Pioneers, I highly recommend Pioneer subs. Try staying away from their amps though.

bbyaccord02 07-14-2007 10:28 PM

sorry guys but im gonna have to pull the expert card on this one, since i am an installer at bestbuy ive seen this set up more than i want to. althought it is true that it is an upgrade from stock its also a terrible set up in the long run. out of those 1200 watts i think i remember seeing 300 rms. and i also have to agree that you could put one alpine type r and pound louder than both sony's. but my best advice is to wait a little longer and save up a little cash to do it right. you've waited this long to get subs, why not wait and get something that you wont have to upgrade down the road.