Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   guage help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/guage-help-40275/)

widowmaker 05-23-2011 06:44 PM

guage help

i have a 2000 accord lx and i just replaced the cluster lights to led. now the lights are changed and work but the speedometer or the tach and temp guage in the cluster work nor the digital odometer or pwr windows. i checked the fuses didnt see nothing blown and checked the plugs to make sure there pluged in and they were anyone have any help

neophyte 05-23-2011 10:01 PM

test the fuses. just because they dont look blown doesnt mean they arent.

widowmaker 05-24-2011 09:35 AM

what ones should i check that run the windows and also the the guage cluser

keep_hope_alive 05-24-2011 01:03 PM

Use a DMM to measure voltage, only way to trace your issue. You didn't get one or more of the harnesses on the cluster plugged in.

Did you disconnect battery negative? That should have been done b4 you did this. Do that now to reset the car.

Power windows are separate from the gauge, but are tied to ignition and the door switch in some cars. You shouldn't have affected that fuse though. Check each fuse by measuring voltage on both metal tabs on the top of the fuse. Voltage on one side but not the other indictes a blown fuse,

widowmaker 05-24-2011 11:21 PM

haha

no i didnt disconnect the negative but i took the cluster out and replaced a blown light now nothing works (tach,speed,fuel temp and windows) but the lights on the cluster work checked the fuses again yet they are still fine

keep_hope_alive 05-25-2011 04:26 PM

Disconnect negative and open drivers door. Wait 5 minutes. Reconnect negative. You may need to reset the computer.

widowmaker 05-25-2011 06:31 PM

how do u reset the comp i ran outta gas today cause my fuel guage isnt working

keep_hope_alive 05-25-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive (Post 241542)
Did you disconnect battery negative? That should have been done b4 you did this. Do that now to reset the car.

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive (Post 241542)
Disconnect negative and open drivers door. Wait 5 minutes. Reconnect negative.

this is how you reset the computer. have you done this yet? i suspect that it's either this or one of the wire harnesses on the back isn't fully seated.

note that you will need the 5-digit code to unlock the factory radio if it has a built-in security system (should say on the front).

i use my tripometer to keep track of gas mileage. i know how many miles i can get on a tank or partial tank. :)

widowmaker 05-25-2011 07:39 PM

yes

i have done that and nothing.i taken out the cluster again and pressed the three plugs back in the cluster and nothig still