Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   HELP!!! Two Jammed CD's in CD player (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/help-two-jammed-cds-cd-player-44990/)

Mikebike125 01-15-2012 09:02 PM

HELP!!! Two Jammed CD's in CD player

I don't know where else to ask this but here it goes. (Thankfully this did not happen to my Accord)

This occurred on my mothers 2006 Hyundai Sonata with a single CD player and since I don't know anyone on any Hyundai sites, I thought I'd ask here since you guys are very good mechanics.

Problem: My 8 year old daughter thought she was doing a good thing by putting a loose CD into the CD player so it wouldn't get lost. The only problem was that there was already a CD in the player.... When the CD did not slide in, she tried to push it in which simply jammed the two CD's in there at the same time. I tried pulling but they will not budge and are pretty well stuck in there.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them out? I found some directions on how to remove the CD player if need be but then what do I do? Any ideas??

neophyte 01-15-2012 10:11 PM

taking a cd player apart is very tedious. if you dont feel confident in doing it, I would take it somewhere to get it fixed.

nickmiller 01-16-2012 12:20 AM

^ agreed

Mikebike125 01-16-2012 06:46 AM

I think I'm going to take it one step at a time and see how far I can get (being able to reverse all the steps).

Sparkknocker 01-16-2012 08:51 AM

Can you get a hold of one of the discs with a pair of needle nose vise grips? If so I would try that with a little finesse before taking it apart. The way I see it, is if you break the cd your not out much as you need to take it apart anyway.

keep_hope_alive 01-16-2012 05:35 PM

Sounds like one of the discs is still accessible. Pull with more force.

When disassembling, you start with the top cover. Then you have the top to the cd mechanism. There are a few springs to keep track of. I recommend taking good photos before each step, sorting screws by location/piece, label everything, draw diagrams, etc.

The screws will be firmly seated, a jewelers set might not give enough torque. I use a No1 bit and a bit driver for torque and control. Naturally, a jewelers screwdriver set is still required.

Mikebike125 01-16-2012 08:16 PM

SUCCESS!!!!

I did kind of along the lines of what Keep_hope_alive said. I slowly took the player out and found that there is a front plate to the stereo which id the part you see from the inside of the car. The two CD's were actually wedged into the slot where you insert them and not actually into the main mechanism. What I ended up doing is getting this front plate off (needed a T9 torx bit) and then I was able to force them through the slot and get them loose.

I now have one very grateful little 8 year old. All said and done I got everything back together and my mother will never know this ever occurred. :)

keep_hope_alive 01-18-2012 07:36 AM

sweet! well done.