Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   hiss from speakers in aftermarket system (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/hiss-speakers-aftermarket-system-13294/)

ikethegreat 10-16-2007 10:34 PM

hiss from speakers in aftermarket system

Hey guys i just bought a brand new 2007 metallic pearl Accord EX-L V6.

Three weeks later, everything is still stock except the sound system, but I am having a problem with a static noise emitting from all 4 speakers (sorta like a low hiss). At first i thought it might be a grounding issue somewhere but the odd thing is that the static noise appears 5-10 seconds into the start of any song EVERY time and lasts until the song is over. I'v been search through the posts in the forum for the past two weeks but cant seem to figure out and answer to my problem so i figured i'd try posting it. Any ideas?

Installed:

6x9 Polks in the rear
5.25 Polk components in the front door with the new tweeters placed where the factory tweeters once were.
USA Spec Honda iPod Interface
5 channel Kicker ZX700.5 amp
Kicker LS-5 sub /w custom build box
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1 processor

smaglik 10-17-2007 02:00 PM

RE: hiss from speakers in aftermarket system

make sure your power wires are separated from the speaker / rca wires. like on oppostie sides of the car.

MacLeod 10-17-2007 05:13 PM

Im assuming youre running the OEM head unit and speaker leads into the 360.1 for inputs.

If so, thats your problem. The speaker level inputs have a very low signal to noise ratio and the 360.1's 5 volt outputs aint enough to raise it to an inaudible level.

About the only thing you can do is either turn the gains on the amp very low (Im not very familiar with the 360.1 but it may have a gain itself - if so tinker with it some). If you could upgrade to an aftermarket CD player so you could use its pre-outs that would solve the problem as well.

ikethegreat 10-18-2007 08:52 AM

well thats just depressing. spent a lot of money on my system and now its crap. I was really trying to keep the factory headunit because I dont like the options i have for insttalling an aftermarket headunit. [:o][:o][:o]

MacLeod 10-18-2007 07:53 PM

Try experimenting with the gains.

Turn them down to about 25% and check to see if the 360.1 has an internal gain you can adjust as well.

The noise shouldnt be that awful. If its way too loud then chances are your gains are just up too high.

bginvestor1 11-09-2007 10:52 PM

Rockford Fosgate'srecommends to not have the amplifier turned up more than 25% using the 3sixty.

bginvestor1 11-09-2007 10:54 PM

One more thing...

It easy to use just track #1 for the whole OEM integration process. Don't do that.. Make sure to use track #2 (pink noise) for the equalization. Track #1 sets the gains on the 3sixty.

MacLeod 11-10-2007 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: bginvestor1

Rockford Fosgate'srecommends to not have the amplifier turned up more than 25% using the 3sixty.
Thats actually the good advice whether or not youre using a 360

ikethegreat 11-12-2007 08:10 PM

One more thing...

It easy to use just track #1 for the whole OEM integration process. Don't do that.. Make sure to use track #2 (pink noise) for the equalization. Track #1 sets the gains on the 3sixty.
I had a shop do that for me, not sure if they used both tracks or not. Btw if anyone was wondering the hiss was coming from my ipod which apparently is dying. The guy at the shop plugged his in and there was no hiss what so ever. I havnt had the money to replace my ipod yet but im looking forward to getting a new one. Oh and my gains are up about 50% :/

ikethegreat 11-16-2007 06:33 PM

Does this apply to the gain for the subs or only to the gain for the speakers?