Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   honda accord 2000 wont start after install a back up camera (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/honda-accord-2000-wont-start-after-install-back-up-camera-46720/)

vboy 04-05-2012 07:22 PM

honda accord 2000 wont start after install a back up camera

hello,

I have a 2000 honda accord. few day a go I decided to install a back up camera.

First try, i blow up the back up and instrument light, my car have some difficulty with start.

second try, I connect acc wire from the camera to the Ig wire at the stereo, the back up light on the back now on and I could not start my car.

I do back and unplug them all.

My car still did not start. I checked all the fuses and they were all fine.

Any idea? please help....

neophyte 04-05-2012 07:43 PM

did you check the relays? sounds like you blew the relay on the ignition.

vboy 04-06-2012 11:23 AM

hi,

I could not locate the starter relay....Is it on the dashboard?? or the fuse box under the hood?

I suspect that the ignition wire got short with the ground of the car. Any idea how can I check that...?

neophyte 04-06-2012 07:56 PM

ok, I just googled it. if the accord is like the civic, it would seem that it may not have a relay. here are some instructions on finding out if it is the starter. if it isnt in the starter you probably have a short.

2001 civ not starting (starter relay??) - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum

do you have a dmm?

vboy 04-06-2012 08:27 PM

Hi,

I dont have the multimeter but I have the electrical circuit tester pen.

The did not see anything under the link you sent me, other than the picture of the civic manual....

please help....

neophyte 04-06-2012 10:14 PM

this is what was in the link that I was talking about.
The starter has a simple circuit. If the click you hear is definitely coming from the starter solenoid, which is built into the starter, then check voltage at the large white wire that runs directly from the battery to the starter motor. Also clean and tighten the white wire where it connects to the starter.

and I dont know why that is underlined but I cant make it go away.

I guess what I am getting at is the starter clicking? it doesnt seem that there is a relay. either way what you can do is pull that wire. and check it to see if it is hot when you turn your key. if not the problem is further up the line. a haynes manual would really help so you could track the wire starting at the solenoid back up to the ignition switch and find out where you loose the signal.

vboy 04-07-2012 08:20 AM

actually I did not hear any click when I turn the key.

I will check to see if there is a current go to the stater when I turn the key.

is there any fuse that may relate to this??

Thank a lots for helping me!!! :)

vboy 04-07-2012 11:16 AM

is the battery ready of 11.8V is too low to crank the car??

neophyte 04-07-2012 08:22 PM

11.8 is a low rest but should be enough to start the car and at bare minimum make the starter solenoid click.

keep_hope_alive 04-10-2012 01:49 PM

i second using a service manual to understand the wiring of the car. there is a sticky in this section where i link to an electronic version of our car's service manual. first, verify all fuses are ok, use a test light to test the fuse (touch both metal tabs visible when fuse is inserted). if you get voltage on one tab but not the other - the fuse is bad.

it is unlikely you damage a relay during your installation, but likely you shorted out wiring. did you tape up and insulate all wiring you touched/cut?