Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Honda selling 2013 Accord with known bluetooth issues (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/honda-selling-2013-accord-known-bluetooth-issues-53201/)

AccordEXLV6 02-24-2013 07:39 PM

Honda selling 2013 Accord with known bluetooth issues

I've had my 2013 Accord EX-L V6 (no Navi) for a little over a week now. I had a bluetooth-related radio problem after about 2 days. After receiving or making a call, my presets would vanish and I couldn't change the station. Took it in and the service guy told me that Honda was working on a fix which would be out "sometime soon". No compensatory gesture from the dealer (free oil change, tune-up, etc.). Called Honda USA. They called back. They are aware of the problem, working on an update by "end of March."

Why am I expected to pay full price for a car out of which I'm not getting full value? This problem caused me to sit in an hour of traffic last week since I couldn't get the local traffic report on my radio.

I was never told of a potential problem with the bluetooth audio problem before I made my purchase. And these forums, plus my service guy's immediate response about Honda's working solution, lead me to believe that Honda has known about this problem since at least December.

Why is Honda continuing to sell a car with known issues (or at least, why wasn't my dealer more forthcoming)?

I am attempting to return the car this week on the grounds that I wouldn't have purchased it if I had known that there was a significant software glitch in the system.

If the dealer refuses to allow me to return it or doesn't compensate me in any way, I think this is the stuff of class-action lawsuits.

Thoughts?

jrd257 02-25-2013 08:16 AM

I also have the "13 Accord EX-L w/o Navi for about a month now and have been experiencing the same problem you described. I've brought it back to the dealership and they are aware of the problem, but cannot do anything until Honda sends them a software patch of some kind. Spoke with Honda of America twice and they've told me that a fix should be available by the end of this month.

I've been patient and will remain patient until that time, however if I don't see any results by the end of this week, then I will look for some resolution (legal if I have to).

The problem was inconvenient at first, but has now become completely annoying and unacceptable. I understand that these things happen, however they have been aware of this problem for over 3 months now, enough time to come up with a fix.

nfmexl 03-28-2013 11:56 PM

Guess I'll chime in here too. My EXL V6 Navi is going crazy on me. I'll start the car, it doesn't locate my iPhone and starts with a whole bunch of prompts to link the already linked phone. Then the voice response goes dead! Wait, it gets better. So I turn off the car, figuring when I restart it, it will reboot itself and work. However, it won't start again. Push the start button and nothing happens repeatedly. At this point, I'm totally frustrated and decide to go back into my office. But now, the car won't lock!! I go inside anyway for about 15 minutes, come out and now it starts and everything seems to be working. I tell it to call home so I can let my wife know I'm running late because of this and the Navi system jumps in with directions to an Indian restaurant!

My dealer says they can fix this but after reading about 300 posts in here, I have my doubts. I've been buying Acuras and Hondas since 1990 and this is the first one I've regretted buying despite just how nice it drives.

stevecraighead 05-11-2013 08:21 PM

I have had my EX-L V6 for three months and it works great. Reads my text message to me. My phone connects within seconds of starting the car. Couldn't be happier.