Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   how do you shut up the seatbelt chime!!!??? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/how-do-you-shut-up-seatbelt-chime-1530/)

jasonstewart9 12-22-2005 11:47 PM

how do you shut up the seatbelt chime!!!???

I was wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the annoying seatbelt chime when you aren't wearing your seatbelt in a 2005 Accord.

thearthurclone 12-23-2005 03:09 PM

RE: how do you shut up the seatbelt chime!!!???

i'm pretty sure it turns off when you use the seat belt.

WheelBrokerAng 12-24-2005 06:49 PM

Hi New Member..

TheArthurclone just gave you the best answer ever...it goes off when you use the seat belt.

Buckle Up And Stay Alive...also save yourself $ 50.00 if your in Ohio, It's mandatory here..

MERRY CHRISTMAS
WheelBrokerAng

accorddriverc 12-28-2005 09:01 AM

I agree with everyone USE YOUR SEATBELT IT'S THERE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!

blahhh3 01-24-2008 04:01 PM

haha just use the damn seatbelt
damn...

pham9006 01-25-2008 09:45 PM

what you can do is go to the car junk yard or a local auto store with leftover car junk, and find a seat belt clip that will fit into the slot correctly, and that tricks the car to beliving that you are wearing a seat belt when ur actually not.
Ive done this and it works fine..

nafango2 01-30-2008 06:01 PM

i ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, but to tell you the truth i find the chime a little annoying. Mosty because i usually start my car before i put my seatbelt on, and by the time i buckle my seatbelt the chime has turned itself off already. but if you really go through the hassle to plug in a FAKE seatbelt instead of just using the damn seatbelt, wow.

MacLeod 02-01-2008 08:00 PM

And here we go with all the public service announcements.

The same people that tell you to wear your seatblelt cause its safe and smart are usually nowhere to be found when people are posting videos of them driving 120 mph down some mountain road at 3 AM.

Basically you cant defeat the stupid thing. Its there to annoy you no matter what because Honda knows whats best for you.
So when you have to drive 1 mile at no faster than 20 mph to the corner store, you get to listen to it the whole way.

Sorry if I seem to have an attitude about this topic but the whole "nanny" attitude gets my goat.

19Accord97 02-02-2008 01:31 AM

I am pretty sure when you insert your seatbelt into the buckle it creates a complete circuit. If I am right you should be able to open it up and run a wire to comlete the circuit the whole time. I suppose if you dont want to wear your seatbelt, its your choice.

status 02-02-2008 02:35 AM

on my 01 focus and 04 silverado there were codes like IE. for the focus i had to turn the lights on 3 time buckle and un buckle 3 time and then turn the car off then on in 30 sec and it would turn off the chime and then the same to turn it on.

i'd guess theres a code for the accord also.but i'm usually wrong.