Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   How to get my 4 guage wire to the battery (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/how-get-my-4-guage-wire-battery-12322/)

pham9006 09-07-2007 11:41 PM

How to get my 4 guage wire to the battery

Im in a honda accord 2003 coupe. For the past couple of months ive been gathering my system together. And as of today i am done.

I got alpine headunit
Crossfire 1200 watt VR1202 Competition Amplifier
Memphis 4 guage wiring kit
Two 300 watt tweeters hidden in my A/C vents
Two 10 inch dual subwoofers (I think they will blow soo i also went out and got a....)
One 15 inch MTX Thunder 4500.

I plan on using the two 10 till they blow, then the MTX will takeover..
HOW DOES THIS SOUND??

Well here is my question. I have all my wiring perfect. Everything is hidden perfectly. My last problem is getting my 4 gauge wire to the battery. i am having problems finding the hole, or cap to put the wire through to the engine, so i can get to the batttery. Can anybody tell me where this hole or port is at? Pictures will be great. And I do not know how to connect the gauge to my battery? Any advice and help??

HuYnHness 09-08-2007 12:49 AM

RE: How to get my 4 guage wire to the battery

i have a sedan but it may be similar in coupes. there is a rubber grommet on the driver side of the firewall. you need to poke a hole through it to pass your wire through. i dont have pictures at the moment but if you need them ill take pics

pham9006 09-08-2007 12:30 PM

pictures would help out a lot. i am about to go outside to work on that problem right now. But here is the thing my gauge is sitting in the front passenger seat under the mat. its not on my drive side. do i have to switch the guage to the driver side??

HuYnHness 09-08-2007 05:46 PM

i dont know if you have to but i personally would think itll be easier since the rubber grommet is on the drivers side. i ran my power on the drivers side and my rcas on the passenger side. of course if you could figure out a way to wire it around to the rubber grommet you could do that. ill go take some pics now if i can.

HuYnHness 09-08-2007 06:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
ok i just got the pics but i couldnt exactly point the camera at the rubber grommet inside the engine bay. you kinda have to feel around for it. youll see in the pics.it would help to have a friend or somebody help you with this too.

Attachment 23450
you have to kinda stick you head or a mirror under your dash/ steering wheel to see this. i got my friend to shove a needle nose plier straight through the rubber grommet alongside that other wire. and i pulled the wire through from the engine bay but since your wire is coming from the cabin. you can probably stick a screwdriver or two to puncture and then shove the wire through.

Attachment 23451
youre going to have to stick your hand behind the strut tower? to feel for the grommet. you can see it but i dont think you can stick your hand in there while looking at it. you can probably follow that wire down to it. hopefully once you stuck your wire through the grommet youll see it stick out.

pham9006 09-09-2007 09:10 AM

is this the only way to get pass the firewall w/o drilling. I just tried to do this and it is really a tight fit. Expecially because i am running the 4 guage (very fat wire). I reconignized that at the rubber grommet, their is another wall after going throw the entrance. Will I have to cut open everything to run the wire?? It is really a tight fit.

HuYnHness 09-09-2007 11:01 AM

i ran 4 gasuge too.. well actually its 5 gauge. im not really exactly sure if theres another way through but thats the only way i found to get through. you jsut have to punch through the rubber. and once you get your wire through you should be able to pull it out.

t00fatt 09-09-2007 09:39 PM

I have a 2 gauge and a 6 gauge wire going through the grommet. You have to cut an X about the size of the cable in the rubber grommet. It helps to put the battery terminal your going to use on before you pass it, the terminal will make it easier to push it through the grommet. Then just cut the wire a couple inches back from the terminal and install the fuse.

MacLeod 09-09-2007 09:52 PM

Yeah this is the easiest car to run wire on Ive ever seen. It took my about 5 minutes to run it from the battery to the trunk.

Once you take the grommet out you just fish it thru there trying to steer it to the drivers side and down. After a while it should pop out behind the center part of the dash. Grab it and pull it on thru.

As anti-aftermarket audio as Hondas are, its kinda ironic that they make it so easy to run wire in them.

ilovemyhonda812 03-02-2011 07:29 PM

yea i didnt know much what i was doing either when i ran my subs, n my CB/PA system, after finding that gromet in the engine bay(which is very well hidden) it was easy, i was a 4g, and a tiny little like 10g wire running tho here and theres been no problems shoving crap in there.