Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   How to wire ampli with the manufacture deck (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/how-wire-ampli-manufacture-deck-2427/)

accord2006 03-22-2006 04:19 PM

How to wire ampli with the manufacture deck

All,
I just got my accord 2006 coupe, pretty sleek on the LEDs. Problem i got here is I don't know how to hook up the amp. since the car come with 6disc changer, i don't want ot replace the after market deck.
Where do I hook up the remote (turn-on) for the amp? through 1 of the radio fuse?
Please help

Thanks
Kent

marbro 03-22-2006 10:38 PM

RE: How to wire ampli with the manufacture deck

The remote wire is blue, on the back of the deck that wire is blue as well. You have to attach it directly to that wire. For the RCA's you have get a converter which i believe makes it so you have to tap onto the rear speaker lines which goes into a block with rca connections.

lightshow 03-23-2006 07:37 AM

yes the remote wire is the same one that lifts up the antenna. and then you can tap into the real speakers for your amps signal, and then just run the 12v and ground wires and your set

accord2006 03-23-2006 01:56 PM

Cool, Thanks you guys. Now i have to figure out to open the deck to find the wire. It's suck that this model is built-in internal antenna, that's why i couldn't get the wire. i also plan to get the car tinted. HOw much would it cost?

larryx 09-16-2006 07:34 PM

It took me a while to find this for the amp remote turn on. Maybe someone else will find this helpfull.

2003 HONDA ACCORD 4DR SEDAN EX
Power Antenna YELLOW/GREEN (+)

t00fatt 11-17-2006 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: marbro

The remote wire is blue, on the back of the deck that wire is blue as well. You have to attach it directly to that wire. For the RCA's you have get a converter which i believe makes it so you have to tap onto the rear speaker lines which goes into a block with rca connections.
Are you sure its blue out of the deck? I am getting my 06 tomorrow, and I will be installing my amp in it. So I would like to know before hand. I'd hate to pull the radio out and see no blue wire, also what would I check for? Does the remote on for the amp get grounded or given power when the radio is switched on?

TheBackRoads 11-17-2006 04:08 AM

depends on what amp you have, my cheap best buy amp only needs speaker level signal to turn on and off. so i just ran the remote wire off the rear speaker. your going to want to get a Line in converter, to convert high level (from speakers) to RCA (for sub amp) and then its a piece of cake!

t00fatt 11-19-2006 06:15 PM

I am going to install my amp to the stock HU sometime next week. I have always hooked amps up to an aftermarket HU, on my cars and friends. The amp is only for two subs, so I will be pulling the audio from the rear speakers. My question is for the remote on, what kind of signal is it? Is it a power (+), or a ground(-)? What I would rather do then pull the HU out, and risk making little dents on the panels is to; either hook up the remote on wire to an acc. power wire, or use a relay connected to the acc. to ground the remote wire cable when the ignition is on. I just need to know what the signal the remote wire is, and is the cig lighter in front of the shift is on the acc. or always on. My car is an 06 sedan.

Also I am aware that by doing it this way, the amp will be on when ever the ignition is on. I will always have my radio on anyways, so it doesn't matter much to me.

TheBackRoads 11-20-2006 01:27 AM

yes its 12V+ source, so fuse box works too.

t00fatt 11-22-2006 08:15 PM

I have everything done, I got to the speaker wires in the back. The left speaker I could figure out which was + and -, but the right one was like pink and green. Does anyone know the rear speaker wire colors, I have looked a but found nothing. So I though I'd just post here instead of making a whole new thread. I'll keep looking, but if one of you could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.