Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

huge static noise after audio install

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

ah, you need to intercept the factory speaker wiring at the amp output, not the head unit. the head unit harness feeds the factory amp.

in an earlier picture, you had the head unit tied into the harness. what did you do with the head unit output wiring? if they short out, it will cause noise.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

here is an update of what I did with pictures

the tools that I used for the wires. after I clamped them, tried forcing them out, none came out so I did good
on the very right side is ASWC-1, on the down side of picture is Pioneer Radio Harness, on very left silver harness is the aftermarket bypass, very top is antenna
right side of the car how I passed the speaker wire
there 2 important clips here on the very low and very top left that we need to be careful with when we take it out

left door passing wire through factory cables
so it turned out to be so much easier to pass the wires than I thought. waiting for these to come in:
Amazon Amazon

Old 06-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hi guys,
update on the situation:
new speakers came in, put them in, all works good, no static. I guess the problem was that they were passing through the factory amp and that's why the issue happened. however, my ground cable on both places is 100% good but when the car is running I hear the squeaky noise. also when accelerating. I know that by default this means bad ground - question is, if it's not the ground what else could it be? if ground is the only thing, then I'll redo it again even though it's good. thanks

Old 06-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for the update. the factory amp makes sense. nice work.

the remaining noise is likely due to the Pioneer HU and grounding the RCA jacks at the head unit should solve this. we call this "alternator whine".

Old 06-16-2018, 01:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hi,
another update. the amp I currently have was in my last 2000 Accord. I was in a car accident and and one of the RCA in the amp was damaged. Thinking if this could cause the issue because when the amp has 4 RCA plugged in, everything is fine, when I plug all 6 noise starts. Wanted to order exact same amp and test to prove if my amp is the problem or not. Didn't have the same one so I ordered this: Lanzar HTG888 5000 Watt 8-Channel MOSFET Amplifier at Onlinecarstereo.com

It will arrive tomorrow. Will test and report back. In the mean time, if you have ideas, please let me know.

p.s. another thing I tried is I took my old Pioneer and plugged in everything, same issue. That's why I thought it could be from the amp and since I don't have anyone to land me an amp to test, I ordered one.

UPDATE: 6/17/18
just tested with new amp - noise is gone. tested on ignition and running car. was pumping the gas - no noise, all gains on minimum, radio on VOL 0 through USB. will mount the amp now since it's confirmed that it's working, will figure out the best way for the tweeters and will wrap up the project. Only issue I have now is I can't use my steering wheel even though I updated the ASWC. please tell me how to set it up. thanks

UPDATE: 6/18/18
all speakers attached - noise still remains. will move all cables away from power wire to see if it works. if not, I will do the RCA grounding on the Pioneer HU. if those two don't do the trick, I don't know.

UPDATE: 6/19/18
moved all cables on the other side - problem solved. trying to solve my ASWC issue right now so all steering wheel controls remain as before. thanks for all the help

Last edited by dohcvtec; 06-20-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hey guys,
I am researching to find a bypass for the factory USB port so I won't have to pass the aftermarket one. I want to ask for ideas if such thing exist, where to get it from? if not, any ideas about best place for the aftermarket USB to be placed since I want it to look super neat not just thrown with the bucket
thanks in advance

Old 06-23-2018, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dohcvtec
hey guys,
I am researching to find a bypass for the factory USB port so I won't have to pass the aftermarket one. I want to ask for ideas if such thing exist, where to get it from? if not, any ideas about best place for the aftermarket USB to be placed since I want it to look super neat not just thrown with the bucket
thanks in advance

you can hard-wire the factory jack but that requires some cutting and soldering. If you don't want to damage the factory jack you can order a replacement from sites like hondapartsdeals.

"panel mount USB jacks" exist but they won't look like the factory jack. You can get close, but it will also require some cutting of factory panels to mount them.

If you search for "USB Female Cable Adaptor AUX Port For 2008 Onwards Honda/Civic/Jazz/CR-V/Accord" you may find an adapter that works, but I can't guarantee that as I haven't tried it myself yet.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:43 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
you can hard-wire the factory jack but that requires some cutting and soldering. If you don't want to damage the factory jack you can order a replacement from sites like hondapartsdeals.

"panel mount USB jacks" exist but they won't look like the factory jack. You can get close, but it will also require some cutting of factory panels to mount them.

If you search for "USB Female Cable Adaptor AUX Port For 2008 Onwards Honda/Civic/Jazz/CR-V/Accord" you may find an adapter that works, but I can't guarantee that as I haven't tried it myself yet.
okay, I will do some reasearch and figure out what wold work best for me and will post pictures after I'm done. In the mean time, I was thinking of putting a rear view camera in. I am having hard time finding the best option because there are a lot of them which are not waterproof, or if they are people complain that they froze during the winter. what would you guys suggest?

also, on the drivers door, ever since I got the car, the 3 stages for the seat buttons doesn't work. no idea why. what would should I do?

Last edited by dohcvtec; 06-23-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dohcvtec
okay, I will do some reasearch and figure out what wold work best for me and will post pictures after I'm done. In the mean time, I was thinking of putting a rear view camera in. I am having hard time finding the best option because there are a lot of them which are not waterproof, or if they are people complain that they froze during the winter. what would you guys suggest?

also, on the drivers door, ever since I got the car, the 3 stages for the seat buttons doesn't work. no idea why. what would should I do?

not sure what people mean by "froze up". cameras need to be cleaned constantly, but a finger-wipe usually does the trick. The camera on the 2014 Accord has been flawless in northern IL winters (-20 deg). i can ask my local shop what they have success with.

by "3 stages" do you mean three presets? have you programmed them to a variety of positions and they don't respond?

Old 08-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
not sure what people mean by "froze up". cameras need to be cleaned constantly, but a finger-wipe usually does the trick. The camera on the 2014 Accord has been flawless in northern IL winters (-20 deg). i can ask my local shop what they have success with.

by "3 stages" do you mean three presets? have you programmed them to a variety of positions and they don't respond?
Yes, 3 presets. Not programed because they don't even work after following manual instructions. What would you suggest I do?
I am still working on the Aswc-1 for the steering wheel because in the manual says to get a wire from factory harness and ground it but it means I have to cut and then wire. I don't want to cut anything from factory harness that's why I'm trying to get a cable that will connect with factory harness and ground that cable instead of cutting factory If yiu have any ideas/advices/solutions please let me know Thank you.

Quick Reply: huge static noise after audio install