Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

huge static noise after audio install

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dohcvtec
Yes, 3 presets. Not programed because they don't even work after following manual instructions. What would you suggest I do?
I am still working on the Aswc-1 for the steering wheel because in the manual says to get a wire from factory harness and ground it but it means I have to cut and then wire. I don't want to cut anything from factory harness that's why I'm trying to get a cable that will connect with factory harness and ground that cable instead of cutting factory If yiu have any ideas/advices/solutions please let me know Thank you.
Cutting is part of the process. I understand your hesitation, just plan on re-soldering it later and it won't be an issue. A properly soldered and heat-shrunk connection is no worse than the original. The challenge with the factory harness you can buy is that it lacks pins and wires, so you need two then need to de-pin the second to reuse, then re-label/color the relocated wires.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:46 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
Cutting is part of the process. I understand your hesitation, just plan on re-soldering it later and it won't be an issue. A properly soldered and heat-shrunk connection is no worse than the original. The challenge with the factory harness you can buy is that it lacks pins and wires, so you need two then need to de-pin the second to reuse, then re-label/color the relocated wires.
How about that?
https://youtu.be/ZndICkrjMyc

Got the tools, tested, works t o take wires out. Just have to do it om the actual harness. Let me know. Thanks

Old 08-23-2018, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

How about that?

Got the tools, tested, works t o take wires out. Just have to do it om the actual harness. Let me know. Thanks
if you have unused wires then yes, you can relocate them and then re-label.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:33 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hey guys,
This is exactly what I did today and unfortunately not only that it didn't work but my amp wasn't working. Doesn't power on. Took out the connections - same thing. Amp doesn't power. Took out the entire harness, bought new one, re wired it, will test tomorrow and see. I don't get it. Thanks

9/4/18: I checked the book and there is wrong information - the online instructions say to connect gray/red of ASWC to PIN 5 of vehicle (the book says the same thing), online instructions say to connect PIN 16 of vehicle to ground (the book says PIN 8). Which one should I go by?

Last edited by dohcvtec; 09-04-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Hey guys,
This is exactly what I did today and unfortunately not only that it didn't work but my amp wasn't working. Doesn't power on. Took out the connections - same thing. Amp doesn't power. Took out the entire harness, bought new one, re wired it, will test tomorrow and see. I don't get it. Thanks

9/4/18: I checked the book and there is wrong information - the online instructions say to connect gray/red of ASWC to PIN 5 of vehicle (the book says the same thing), online instructions say to connect PIN 16 of vehicle to ground (the book says PIN 8). Which one should I go by?
include voltage measurements at the amp for both remote turn-on and power relative to chassis ground.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:42 PM

How about that?

what tool is that to repin the connector..thanks

Old 09-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by hondaslave1342
what tool is that to repin the connector..thanks
turkey lacer but put gloves on so you have grip cause it's pretty annoying when your hand is sliding

Old 09-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So:
- wired with brand new harness put it in, amp doesn't power on, radio works normally
- got brand new power cable with brand new fuse, tried again, amp doesn't power on, radio works normally

Would a multi meter work to get the numbers you need?

Thanks

* The only thing I have left is to try with a brand new remote wire connection. It's the only thing I can think of but please give me ideas. I tried to narrow it down as much as I can. Whatever I could think of, I tried and shared. If I missed something, let me know. Thanks again

* Just found this website which gives potential solutions: https://www.lifewire.com/common-amp-...lutions-534492
Will try brand new remote wire (hopefully that's the issue), if not, I'll try with my spare amp which 100% functional

* 9/5/18
- tried brand new remote wire - amp doesn't power
- tried with brand new wire and another amp - amp doesn't power
All electronics in the car are working 100% so at least it's confirmed it's not the car harness or wiring. Let me know what I should do to fix this. Thanks

Last edited by dohcvtec; 07-13-2019 at 10:17 AM.