Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   i want to put tweeters in my ac vents... (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/i-want-put-tweeters-my-ac-vents-13913/)

pham9006 11-12-2007 12:00 AM

i want to put tweeters in my ac vents...

ive got a 2003 honda accord coupe. Ive got an alpine deck installed in the lower pocket. When doing so in the past, i installed two tweeters in the middle ac vents in the dashboard b/c it was easy access (you would know when, once u installed the lower pocket dash kit). Well now i want to put more tweeters into the side ac vents (One on the left side of the driver side and one on the right side of the passenger side). Does anybody know how i can get into the vents? I have no clue on how to take it apart.

Or does anybody have any other hidden compartments, where i can hide my dome tweeters? As u can tell, i hate to show wires and like to hide my speakers...

Thumper26 11-12-2007 07:34 AM

RE: i want to put tweeters in my ac vents...

if your a-pillars are covered with cloth, i'd cut the plastic out of the back and mount them there, firing through the cloth. i think it'd look a lot cleaner and sound a lot better than them mounted in the AC vents.

if they're not covered in cloth, I'd consider mounting them there anyway, and then getting some acoustically transparant speaker cloth that matches the headliner and covering them in it.

smaglik 11-12-2007 08:39 AM

what year did they put the airbags in there? i wouldnt touch my a-piller with a 10 foot pole. Its says curtain airbag on it.

t00fatt 11-12-2007 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

what year did they put the airbags in there? i wouldnt touch my a-piller with a 10 foot pole. Its says curtain airbag on it.
I belive they were an option on 03-05, but a very rare option. They are standard on the 06 -08, another reason I bought an 06.

smaglik 11-12-2007 08:57 AM

its nice to know they are there. my passposrt obviously doenst have them...it doesnt have any airbags.....but, it does have rear ABS....DEATH TRAP!

haha.

sir_nasty 11-12-2007 11:15 AM

My civic has brakes and a seat belt!

Air bags? ABS? that's like wearing a helmet when you play football, it's for sissies... *L* j/k

pham9006 11-12-2007 02:41 PM

nobody really hasnet given me an answer...

sir_nasty 11-12-2007 03:09 PM

typically you can gently pry those vents out with a screwdriver, just wrap it in a t-shirt or something so you don't scratch everything up, then they'll come out, or there are a number of systems that allow you to mount the tweeter over the speaker.

falkore24 11-12-2007 03:31 PM

SN ..... kinda like 2 or 3 way speakers (:

chopperkid44 11-12-2007 10:10 PM

lol. Good luck with the project. I just blew out my tweeters recently. oops. They crackle with too much bass. Not that i blow out my ears, guess the tweeters couldnt handle heavy metal