Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Installing door speakers right now! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/installing-door-speakers-right-now-6785/)

19Accord97 01-02-2007 09:38 PM

Installing door speakers right now!

I bought a pair of Lightning Adio 6.5's for the the doors of my car. On the back it said it would fit my Accord. But, when I put the speaker in the plastic Honda mounting cup, the speaker wont sit all the way in it. But when I try to mount the speakers to the door itself, there are no holes that match up? Am I just doing something stupidly wrong?I'm trying to get these put in tonight.Please help! Thanks!

sir_nasty 01-02-2007 09:47 PM

RE: Installing door speakers right now!

have you considered cutting the back out of the plastic piece? make sure your window is rolled all the way down and then see if cutting the back out of the plastic sheilding will make enough of a difference

sir_nasty 01-02-2007 09:51 PM

jump on to www.gabbly.com/www.hondaaccordforum.com

19Accord97 01-03-2007 12:25 AM

Well I successfully installed one speaker...and it was a PAIN. wow... I'm not looking forward to the other door tomorrow! But sir_nasty, I took a few pics and I might make a mini tutorial.

sir_nasty 01-03-2007 02:20 PM

sweet, I'm glad you got one in, I'm sure that mini tutorial would help out a lot of people! Did you just have to cut that plastic grill or did you have to modify it even more? What was the mounting depth according to the speakers information?

Bers 01-03-2007 08:52 PM

I just installed replacements in my 2001 Accord doors. I didn't reuse the plastic cups. Also, Ididn't try to use the same mounting holes. I drilled new mounting holes, cut off the Honda elec. connectors, crimped the wires together with a crimp connector, then screwed the speakers in place.
As mentioned in the above post, make sure you checked the depth clearance of the new speakers with the window down.

19Accord97 01-04-2007 02:36 PM

Thanks for your help guys. The mounting depth of the speakers was 2 1/16. So it was close.

solobaric6800w 01-05-2007 06:19 PM

in my 1995 i had the same problem but with the polkaudio mmc-6500 (carbon fiber 6.5") compent set came with 2 tweeters 2 crossovers 2 6.5 speakers so i bought 3
with the supplied bracket the speakers fit perfect

wigandaccord90 01-06-2007 05:39 PM

it was a pain in my 1990... i had to cut the grille and panel and it kinda looks crappy but oh well... i wanted my window to be able to go down, i kept it in the mold on the passenger side though