Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   ipohne on a 2002 type v (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/ipohne-2002-type-v-29635/)

U-Type 12-12-2009 01:07 PM

iphne on a 2002 type v

Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a 02 type v with the factory CD player wich works ok.

Now, I realised I don't have so many CDs and most of my music is on mp3 so I'd like to being able to connect my iphone to the stereo but don't really know how.

I was thinking about those FM transmitter but I heard the quality is poor.

Any other solution? Possibly DIY and not to expensive?

thnaks much!

HondaAccordEX94 12-12-2009 05:48 PM

Well, if you're radio has an aux input then you can get a male/male headphone style cable and hook it that way OR if it has a USB port then you can use your PC cable and hook it up that way. I don't know of any other ways.

U-Type 12-13-2009 04:46 AM

Well, that's the problem, I went trough the user manual but my radio doesn't seem to have an aux. Not on the front at least. I think there might be the option to connect a CD changer and I could use that one but in this case I'll need to have someone to do the work for me.

I was hoping to find a more simple way.

HondaAccordEX94 12-13-2009 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by U-Type (Post 190898)
Well, that's the problem, I went trough the user manual but my radio doesn't seem to have an aux. Not on the front at least. I think there might be the option to connect a CD changer and I could use that one but in this case I'll need to have someone to do the work for me.

I was hoping to find a more simple way.

It's possible. Can you give me the model number?

Also, I just thought of another way. I'm so dumb, I can't believe I didn't think of this yesterday.

If you radio takes cassette tapes, then you can buy one of those cassette tape car adapters. It's just a cassette tape with a long cable sticking out that plug right into the headphone jack on an iphone, CD Player, MP3 player, laptop, etc... Anything with the headphone jack on it. They only run you about $8-12 for a good one.

t00fatt 12-13-2009 05:42 PM

The 6th gen radio does not have an "AUX" input in the way your imaging it. It is a port for adding a cd changer or whatever else honda made for it. within that plug there are simple low level inputs, and by grounding a certain pin you be able to wire up a pair of RCA inputs. If your on a real low budget and have basic solder skills, this would be the way to go, if not your stuck getting an interface. Now I believe this is possible on the 6th gen could be the 5th, just google it.

Absolutely no need for anyone to use one those cassette adapters, they are horrible and I would never recommend them to anyone. Not sure if they make an interface for a 6th gen, but it is likely there is one. If you really want to keep your stock HU an AUX interface will allow you use your iphone with it. I'd recommend getting an aftermarket HU that will really let you take advantage of your iphone. An alpine ida x305 isn't that expensive and is a great HU if your iphone/ipod is a high priority.